CPK "Knife love" ? Actual use pics. Not for Glamour shots

View attachment 2309225
View attachment 2309226
Doesn’t look too bad, but the edge is flat there now. I don’t think it will take too long to reshape the edge there.
I’m not sure if I’d even try to fix it entirely at one go on a chopper. On something smaller used for regular cutting and slicing I would, but not sure about a chopper. Still looks pretty minimal considering.
The 3V is definitely tough stuff.
I’ve chopped down a few decent sized trees with both my BC and HDMC. Cleaned them up each time immediately after with warm soapy water and wiped down with mineral oil.
I thought I had chipped the edge on the BC while going through a tree that had wire fence imbedded in it. I was wrong. It was just some of the fence metal smeared on the blade. Honestly, you’d be hard pressed to look at either knife and determine if they had ever been used.
I haven’t even touched either of them up yet. They may not slice paper as easily as when they were new, but they are choppers and I don’t really use them for paperwork.
I’d say “good luck” but I know you have the skills necessary to remedy the knife.
Have fun?

I’m not sure if I’d even try to fix it entirely at one go on a chopper. On something smaller used for regular cutting and slicing I would, but not sure about a chopper. Still looks pretty minimal considering.
The 3V is definitely tough stuff.
I’ve chopped down a few decent sized trees with both my BC and HDMC. Cleaned them up each time immediately after with warm soapy water and wiped down with mineral oil.
I thought I had chipped the edge on the BC while going through a tree that had wire fence imbedded in it. I was wrong. It was just some of the fence metal smeared on the blade. Honestly, you’d be hard pressed to look at either knife and determine if they had ever been used.
I haven’t even touched either of them up yet. They may not slice paper as easily as when they were new, but they are choppers and I don’t really use them for paperwork.
I’d say “good luck” but I know you have the skills necessary to remedy the knife.
Have fun?
Oh yeah, it’s always nice to be able to make fire and burn some unsightly brush up. I just wish Fall weather would hurry up and get here. Still sweating like you know what outside. It’s about 97 here today and next to a fire? It’s pretty intense!

I’ve got plenty of scratches, this is the first ding I’ve put on the blade though.
I feel your pain man ! I chipped my Satin UF1 edge and spent hours sharpening out the chip. In the process, I F’d the Satin finish all up. Then I watched a video on how to sand a Satin finish, built a jig, and started sanding.

By the time I was done, the finish was about as pretty as a pile of heaping Brontosaurus shit !!! Being that I’m not a quitter, at Blade I asked Nathan and Mark if they could refine it. Nathan said, “ F no, use and enjoy the thing like it was meant.” I get it and use the hell out of them, but the first one hurts.

Best regards

I feel your pain man ! I chipped my Satin UF1 edge and spent hours sharpening out the chip. In the process, I F’d the Satin finish all up. Then I watched a video on how to sand a Satin finish, built a jig, and started sanding.

By the time I was done, the finish was about as pretty as a pile of heaping Brontosaurus shit !!! Being that I’m not a quitter, at Blade I asked Nathan and Mark if they could refine it. Nathan said, “ F no, use and enjoy the thing like it was meant.” I get it and use the hell out of them, but the first one hurts.

Best regards
Yeah, this is the blade that Jeannie used on Knife or Death. So I’ve already had to sharpen out some chips and dings on this blade. No worries though, it’s a user and a fine user it is!

It’s so commendable that you can say that. Very cool. The only thing my wife would use my Medium Chopper on…..IS ME ! 🤣🤣🤣
I have cutlery stashed all over the house. In drawers, coffee tables, pool house, under pillow, etc I either have a blade or high velocity lead injector at arms reach at all times in any room of my home lol.

It’s so commendable that you can say that. Very cool. The only thing my wife would use my Medium Chopper on…..IS ME ! 🤣🤣🤣
When I'm working on a new design I like to get my wife's opinion because of different hand sizes and shapes..... Her birthday is in March.
Occasionally, once I hand it to her she'll do a quick in and out Stabbing motion like a sewing machine..... Then, and only then I know I got something good, cause an Aries first inclination is to Stab First.

That's their comfort zone.....

I have cutlery stashed all over the house. In drawers, coffee tables, pool house, under pillow, etc I either have a blade or high velocity lead injector at arms reach at all times in any room of my home lol.
All I heard was "scavenger hunt at Jonny's".

My house is very similar except I have to throw the lead at the intruders after all my "injectors" sank.

Our bow opener is two weeks from now. Heading to the cabin next weekend to haul firewood into the woodshed and to also shoot all the guns numerous times. Can't be pissing off the other hunters there for "scaring every deer off the property". Hoping to do a bit of coyote removal, too. Have had three pictures in as many weeks.

Back