CPK Pet Thread

Well, shit guys. Gypsy checked out last Tuesday morning at 9:56 am. I walked out of the room for a minute, went back in and she'd pooped a little. I said 'Whoa, you pooped, be right back'. I ran to the kitchen, went back in, then realized what happened. Since I'm a friggin poet I said 'Oh, you didn't poop, you died '.

She was in bed, bundled up. She'd been wagging her tail and being an asshole about getting her head scratched literally a minute before she left. She died 49 minutes before I was going to take her to the vet to be put down. She waited so I wouldn't have to watch her die and I didn't have to tell the vet to do it. It's amazing, I gotta say if I'm dying I'm gonna be a selfish shit. She took care of me to the end.

I was so lucky. If you're waiting on a sheath I'll get to it, I'm not that far behind.
Sorry for your loss. I had a pup go that way. She loved hiking in the desert and one day she laid down by one of the few trees out there and passed. Heartbreaking but I know she was in her happy place. Sweetest dog I've ever known.

Shit Grog, so sorry to hear about Gypsy.

I think most of us have gone through this and it never gets any easier. I swore I’d never get another dog after losing our last one, but of course we did.

I think it’s the unconditional love they give us and the wonderful journey we experience together that keeps bringing us back. Thanks for sharing Gypsy with us and take care man.

Well, shit guys. Gypsy checked out last Tuesday morning at 9:56 am. I walked out of the room for a minute, went back in and she'd pooped a little. I said 'Whoa, you pooped, be right back'. I ran to the kitchen, went back in, then realized what happened. Since I'm a friggin poet I said 'Oh, you didn't poop, you died '.

She was in bed, bundled up. She'd been wagging her tail and being an asshole about getting her head scratched literally a minute before she left. She died 49 minutes before I was going to take her to the vet to be put down. She waited so I wouldn't have to watch her die and I didn't have to tell the vet to do it. It's amazing, I gotta say if I'm dying I'm gonna be a selfish shit. She took care of me to the end.

I was so lucky. If you're waiting on a sheath I'll get to it, I'm not that far behind.
Sorry to hear of your loss . Its never easy But when that time comes I wish all Dogs could leave us that way. Peacefully :thumbsup:

unYhB7v.jpg

just got back from the vet after having our 18 year old cat euthanized
I'm depressed not so much because I'll miss the cat, (I will) but because she's been our kid's best friend for her entire 15 year life. Growing up on a farm, I'm familiar with death, but my kid isn't. As a dad, this is one thing I cannot protect my child from and that's a brutal reality that I've been able to ignore until now.
It's going to be a tough weekend in the Arnold household

My sympathies are also with the Arnold's as they grieve the passing of their cat. Man, losing a much beloved pet REALLY SUCKS as we have all experienced and will continue to experience. The great ones give us all their love, affection and loyalties without asking for much back in return but sustenance and kindness. RIP the Arnold's Kitty-Kat :(

just got back from the vet after having our 18 year old cat euthanized
I'm depressed not so much because I'll miss the cat, (I will) but because she's been our kid's best friend for her entire 15 year life. Growing up on a farm, I'm familiar with death, but my kid isn't. As a dad, this is one thing I cannot protect my child from and that's a brutal reality that I've been able to ignore until now.
It's going to be a tough weekend in the Arnold household
Sorry to hear that. Hope things smooth out for you and your family :thumbsup::thumbsup: unfortunately it is a brutal reality we all can't escape and can be especially hard on the little ones .

Back