CPK Pet Thread

So, after his completed hip replacement, our baby had one - hopefully - last surgery. Not fun at all for a guy to think about that one, but it had to be done. Cone of shame will come off Thanksgiving.

i-Xfj9wVj-X4.jpg

Yes she does. We gotta take her to the vet, she hates when her paws get touched.
When I had my Weimaraner, I once had a vet tech do his nails and he was miserable. Ever since then I did his nails every two weeks for the next eight years until he passed. I've been doing the same with our current gal, for the past eight years.

It's amazing how relaxed they are (were) when I'm clipping them.

See if you can work up to it in small doses. I found it worked out really quickly.

Anyway, great looking dog. My wife got a kick out of her expression.

No sidewalks here. (And my dogs always get at least a couple miles daily. Still need the clipping. Maybe different for different breeds.)
Mine gets clipped as needed as well. Living in town, getting to the wooded area on paved spots his nails maintain themselves. For whatever reason the nails on the front paws self-trim but end up a bit pointed. Thankfully, he's gotten used to me cleaning those up since he was a pup before they get too long and doesn't make too much of a fuss.

Back