• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

CPK Utility Field Knife, Delta 3V

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Due to problems folks have had getting onto some of these Friday sales we are instead going to have a 1 minute flash sale here today so instead of a fixed quantity of knives we will simply take orders for one minute. What could possibly go wrong.

It is a violation of Blade Forums policy to sell knives on this forum that are not basically ready-to-go. We have about 70 of these that just need sharpening and assembly. In the off chance that we somehow sell more than 70 here today we will not be able to take some of those extra orders, however we will still contact you and try to figure out a way to meet your needs.

So. Here goes our first and probably last one minute flash sale.

Please note that pricing hasn't changed but we're rolling the cost of domestic shipping into the price now. If you're an oversea customer please be aware there are additional shipping charges.

This is a fantastic medium/small woods knife and general purpose cutting tool for tradesmen and hunters. Every aspect of this is dialed in for long term cutting performance and designed for safety, durability and comfort. The handle, which is less slab sided than the original to facilitate turned grips used in bushcraft, is some of our best work. The steel and heat treat is some of the best in the world. The blade shape and grind geometry (slightly more acute primary grinds, but .005" thicker, than the original) are made to cut well but never fail you. The new sheath is fantastic. The original Field Knife was one of our most popular patterns ever but I think you'll find the new Utility Field Knife is even better. I'm proud of this new pattern and I think it represents some of our best work. And keeping with the original philosophy behind this knife we're keeping these milled and tumbled (like the original), no fancy grinds, to keep the cost reasonable for real users.

The Utility Field Knife was designed as a collaboration with Lorien Arnold. It is a well made, no frills, high performance utility knife. The steel is Crucible CPM 3V at HRC 61 with the fully optimized heat treat with very good edge retention and edge stability. You'll be surprised how sharp this gets and how well it holds an edge. If you have never used 3V this hard and thin, it is gonna blow your mind.

This steel with this heat treat will support a fine edge, so this was taken down to .020" before sharpening (though I'm leaving some additional meat in the tip now) and it was sharpened 18 degrees per side. This is relatively acute and it cuts well, but is very durable.
Some might consider this a tactical knife but the point is not reinforced and it is not shaped or balanced as a weapon. It's reasonably thin behind the edge. It is a hard working cutting tool, a big skinning knife and woods knife. There is a hidden lanyard hole in the tang.
The handle is ergonomically designed for a standard forward, reverse, saber and pinch grips for an average to relatively large hand. The tang is internally skeletonized. The scales are 3D sculpted CNC machined. The blade is made of 3/16” 3V with a heat treat that has been optimized to maximize edge stability in rough use. Despite being relatively thin it is durable. You can baton with it. You might damage the fine edge if you set your mind to it, but the knife itself is practically unbreakable.

A side effect of this heat treat is a higher percentage of free chromium, so although it is not stainless, it is nearly so.

Specs:
CPM 3V, Delta Heat treat protocol, 61 HRC, .188” thick at ricasso
Total length 9.75”
Blade length 4.625”
Weight 8.0 oz
Grippy 3D machined scales in micarta or G10
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners

Mashed Cat sheaths are custom made for these knives and are well designed and well made.

They are avilable with a TecLok, which can be worn vertical or horizontal and can be configured for left hand or right hand carry or with a drop loop sheath.

Tell me what scale option you choose and I'll build it. There are up to 70 knives available in this sale. The knives in the picture are not the knives you will receive. They need scales and sharpened so they will not begin to ship until middle of next week. It may take a couple weeks to get all of them out.

PId77vb.jpg

FXWKqyg.jpg

lxHA9h1.jpg

6MxDMUH.jpg

YZqOFNl.jpg

x7gKSKM.jpg

o3CD1eo.jpg

aFG9XnG.jpg

Rather than just take my word for it I made a video (the old Field Knife, we need to make a new video):

These are all “utility field grade”, “as machined” and ground and stonewashed with tool and grind marks.

$297 in canvas micarta, black or natural
$307 black linen micarta
$307 in OD green canvas micarta
$307 in OD green G10, Forest green G10
$317 multi color G10 (currently have orange/black, red/black, ghost/black, ghost/blue)
$327 burlap micarta
$327 uglyass Terotuf
$327 rag micarta

Price includes domestic shipping and an excellent kydex sheath. You have a choice of TecLok or drop loop.

Shipping in the USA is $12, this is included in the sale price.

Since this is a new pattern please limit to one knife order per post. We will relax that in the future.

We will have a few AEBL Utility Fighters on our forum in one week.

Come by our forum this afternoon for a "Fun Friday" sale.

I take paypal, cash, check or MO.
Thanks for looking,
Nathan

Id like one please!

Ghost Black G10, Ti Screws and Drop Loop sheath. Would love extra set of rag micarta scales, if possible. Do I remember correctly that hats are available with knife purchases.... :D

Many thanks.

Last edited:
1 please. If you have edge-cut Westinghouse micarta (or whatever edge cut antique micarta you used in the past) would like to try that.
If not, then Natural Canvas Micarta - buffed.
Ti Fasteners - matte & Drop Loop Sheath.
Thank you Jo & Nathan

Last edited:
Back