CPKhuk

I never thought of a serrated blood groove🤔 hey Nathan, what do you think? We could do an opposed hamon and create a reflected pyramid pattern. We can call it pyramids on the water hamon, only the water will be blood...sound good?

I'm actually on the fence on this. I'm currently waffling between .275 and .300.

I want to make an authentic Kukri geometry that works like the real thing, not just a kukri shaped object, and the "real thing" is pretty thick. But part of the reason it's so thick is because the materials used and the application dictate it. Our material does not have many of those constraints. Delta 3V is not going to break, our hands are untied and we can achieve geometries that the traditional makers wouldn't dare.

A key design element, that is not intuitively obvious, is the primary grind angle. The OG "original real deal" is quite obtuse and needed to be because of the poor quality historical materials. However, we know from our knife racing, the optimal geometry for chopping wood is in a particular range (that we can reach) and the kukri are typically well over that range. We do not have the design constraints of the original materials and I would not be doing my job if I didn't tweak the angles where Delta 3V really shines in this application. These narrower angles lead to taller grinds which begin to conflict with the geometry, and therefore weight distributions, of the original kukri. My challenge is to tweak the geometries on this historical design a little bit and bring some of the performance characteristics that we have attained to this piece. I think we are looking at a double twisted grind to do this which is going to mean a different kind of manufacturing process than we usually use.

Long story short, I don't know exactly what the final stock thickness will be yet, I'm still working on it...
Send me a real thin one just to prove the concept that thinner is better for this one!!

Sign me up for one as well please..

Can't wait to see the knife and what sheath designs you guys come up with. I like the look of full leather but it holds moisture so not a very good option long term. Not sure if it's appropriate to share the picture of one I made before here, if it is let me know
Shouldn’t be a problem to share.

Sign me up for one as well please..

Can't wait to see the knife and what sheath designs you guys come up with. I like the look of full leather but it holds moisture so not a very good option long term. Not sure if it's appropriate to share the picture of one I made before here, if it is let me know
Sure, it's not a problem. :thumbsup:

I'm a fan of Khukri.

This project Imis interesting to me.

xifFsPh.jpeg

Two H.I.

0hPDUEW.jpeg

Nothing like an open spine sheath for a fast draw if needed... (This was my first, and so far only attempt at open spine sheath, need to make a few more) for my HI khukri and o

jvOdQnq.jpeg

This one is a bit of a khukri-esque fighter, with a sharp harpoon clip top edge...
JDF7ULN.jpeg

I have another no name Nepalese khukri, a cold steel Magnum Khukri machete, and have used Kershaw's khukri as well (a good inexpensive tool for sure as well).

Don't get hung up on having to do anything for the sake of tradition.

Be that spine thickness or grind.

Your core customers do not come to you for tradition. Performance is the core of what you offer!!

Last edited:
Back