CPKhuk

The new Scrapyard Syclone is tempting me... but I must wait, this will be so much better. Looking forward to this Khukri!
The SYclone looks like it will be a decent 10" chopper that is light and pointy enough to be an effective fighting knife as well. There was a lot of talk about a Basic Kukri years ago that never came to anything, and the Regulator handle would be a much better choice than the Basic handle on this knife. Depending on what they do with the edge, it may or may not need significant refinement to perform, but SYKCOs usually have better edges than more expensive Busse offerings. The price is very attractive. I have ordered one, even though I thought I was through buying Bussekin knives.

However, I would expect the CPK kukri to be a far better performer for actual practical use in the boonies. The HUCK blade shape was primarily designed to look cool rather than through a careful process of honing real-world performance. That (and the choice of steel) is the essential difference between Bussekin and CPK (although the INFI SYKCO knives are the most practical things they put out).

Of course, until both knives exist, this is just speculation.

I just would like to point out that the handle I designed for CPKhuk is girthy and longer than average. It was cold out when I designed the DEK handle. I just don't want you guys to get the wrong idea, just because it was cold once.

COBzuUbUsAA3kCE

Back