CS folders you would like shrink?

Hi friends, just wondering if you have a list of folders that you wished Cold Steel will make a smaller version of?

I got quite a few on my wishlist:
- 4 Max --> Top of my list, hopeing for a American Lawman sized
- Tiger Claw --> Would be perfect if it's around the size of Fox 599/Emerson Combat Karambit
- Broken Skull --> I bet it would probably be more popular with 3-3.5 inch blade and somewhere between 7.5-8.5 OAL
- Black Talon --> IMO would make a great ECD SD knife. I know it's already very thin
- Hold Out II --> I know we got HO3, but the difference is too extreme
- Espada --> Mini espada?
- Colossus --> We probably need a new name for it tho...
- Code 4 --> Why not?

While we are at it, list of models i wished are bigger:
- Tuff Lite --> Would definitely love a bigger wharnie folder

Note I own every single CS Triad lock folders(multiple for some models) with 4-inches blade and under, so i definitely went through some of the alternatives. One can always dream......

No shrink at all. There's plenty of micro sized offerings out there already.

- Colossus --> We probably need a new name for it tho...

call it
Little Big Man.
Have you seen the movie ?

anyway . . . I'm pretty happy with the sizes. I do hear you on the Holdout. I have a III and I. Not sure I need a 3.5 but I would use it if I had one.

I have a heavily modified Ti Lite 4. I have considered taking the length down to 3 or 3.5 but like the handle size as is. The shorter blade has more control for EDC use and would be more sheeple acceptable. Time will tell if I cut it down. That and 4inch isn't legal here.

Yeah. A more proportionate 3.5 inch 4max. I'd try one for sure. By the time it happens I might have some money.

The Ultimare Hunter is my idea of a smaller version of the 4Max. Great bargain .

The big blades are cold steels bread and butter. Even the 4" versions are borderline too small after carrying an xl voyager every day. Spyderco has plenty of small utility blades ..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

No shrink at all. There's plenty of micro sized offerings out there already.

The big blades are cold steels bread and butter. Even the 4" versions are borderline too small after carrying an xl voyager every day. Spyderco has plenty of small utility blades ..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Like I said, different strokes different folks.

Some people love large knives, and it's great that CS has plenty of offering for that. Some people, including myself love CS knives and like some of their medium sized offerings. Sure, i can buy Spyderco/Benchmade/ZT, but they are not CS, and don't offer the same design/material/value.

Also, it's not like i'm asking for tiny-nano knives, as i only buy folders between 7-10 inches long overall. Notice my wishlist for a bigger tuff lite? People tend to think in extreme, it seems like a common thing here in BF whenever some asked for a smaller version, they usually get condescending responses of "we dont need micro knives here, you can find it somewhere else".

BTW, this thread is not created to argue whether CS should create big or small knives. Just a place for people to put down list of CS folders that they wished to have smaller version of, so that CS can have some visibility. Hope this doesnt turn into another big vs small, hard use vs soft, should/shouldn't do X with knife thread. There is no side to take.

Last edited:
None. Some id like bigger like the finn wolf folder and the prolite as examples.

Code 4. I've been advocating for a mini Code 4 since the full size came out. I carry my larger Code 4 a good portion of the time, but I work in an office and a 3" blade is what I prefer for at work. I like the mini Recon OK, but I usually carry a non-Cold Steel for work right now.

I want some voyager with 8"+ blade my X2 is only 6" and new style voyagers are to small

I would like to see a 8" blade bowie with a IWB sheath . For carry

On second thought maybe shrink the twist master to the size of an opinel #2 and put it on a key chain. This should be sufficient.

Bring back the Mini Tuff, either thinner or with ambidextrous clip mounting. It's nearly as thick as the full-size model, and doesn't need to be.

While we are at it, list of models i wished are bigger:
- Tuff Lite --> Would definitely love a bigger wharnie folder

Yep. My vision for the Tuff Lite XL evolves over time. Right now I'm thinking 4" FFG XHP blade, linerless G-10 scales with aluminum spacer, and maybe even a thumb plate in addition to (or even in lieu of) the thumb hole. :thumbup:

Yep. My vision for the Tuff Lite XL evolves over time. Right now I'm thinking 4" FFG XHP blade, linerless G-10 scales with aluminum spacer, and maybe even a thumb plate in addition to (or even in lieu of) the thumb hole. :thumbup:

I'd actually appreciate a g-10 larger Tuff Lite more than anything else on my list. I always like wharncliffe knives, and a 3-3.5" blade like the Yojimbo would be my favorite. Check out the video below, this guy is testing the Spyderco's new Delica Wharnie prototype:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sczu0kXNswQ

Back