Cult of the peanut , members

Love to see the generosity here!

My middle child getting some peanut time in today.

584482bc51f9b26fbf5a2567fd9c9220.jpg

Total class!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

By the way JofALLTrades, I guess we're almost neighbors by Texas standards. You're just up the road from me. My have to do a lunch meet at some halfway point sometimes.

I’d be delighted to!

After all, I’m fairly certain that, to say no to such an invitation would be in direct violation to the sacred Texan values that I hold so dear. :D

View attachment 991170
I’ve been carrying nothing but my chestnut peanut lately. Now when I hold any of my other knives they seem HUGE. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Thats all part pf the adaptation process. Over the years as I downsized from a Buck 301, to a 303 cadet, then to a peanut, each stage felt a little weirdly inadequate at first. But then the more I did it, there I cut with the little cutters, the more it felt natural. More importantly, I learned that for the most part in modern day life, a small pocket knife is totally adequate for getting through the day. I got so used to the peanut size knife that it became my new 'normal' so that if I went and dropped my old 301 Buck stockman in my pocket, it felt like a brick.

Now, it's been years since I carried anything that won't fit comfortably in the watch/coin pocket of my jeans. Plus the little ever present Victorinox classic in it's keyring pouch sheath. Anything bigger just feels clumsy to me.

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to find myself camping in the pines at Fort Tuthill outside Flagstaff, AZ last weekend. A newer yellow cv peanut was all I needed
EsDGzCJ.jpg

If you need more than a peanut camping, you probably need either a saw or hatchet. Honestly, I can't remember when I needed more than just a good sharp pocket knife while camping anywhere.

Hello all, this is my first time posting in this thread. I just bought a Case yellow SS peanut and I was disappointed by the crude, uneven, rough, and rather blunt edge that the main blade had out of the box. What is the best angle to use when sharpening the peanut, and do any of y'all have recommendations for the best method to get a razor edge?

Thanks

Hello all, this is my first time posting in this thread. I just bought a Case yellow SS peanut and I was disappointed by the crude, uneven, rough, and rather blunt edge that the main blade had out of the box. What is the best angle to use when sharpening the peanut, and do any of y'all have recommendations for the best method to get a razor edge?

Thanks

The steel is very easy to sharpen. I usually use my little pocket stone or the back of a coffee mug. When I reprofile, I use my sharpmaker on the 30 degree setting with the diamond rods then work down.

The steel is very easy to sharpen. I usually use my little pocket stone or the back of a coffee mug. When I reprofile, I use my sharpmaker on the 30 degree setting with the diamond rods then work down.
Thanks, I will try that. I don't have a Sharpmaker, but I do have the Lansky sharpening set with ceramic rods, so I'll try that.

Back