Cult of the peanut , members

oT0VOSo.jpg

l7CCETA

Decided to use my kabar dogleg rather than my case peanut at work after... *ahem*, a couple of accidental drops.

Still sharp as my Case and 1095 to boot.

Maybe that's why I picked up a few more of them recently.

Also, is anyone else having trouble posting pics with imgur, or am I just forgetting something here?

Last edited:
Nice stag on both sides. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:
Yes sir I am pleased and it is in decent shape. Tiny bit of blade play closed but I can live with that. I don't think I'm going to put a chain on this one might just carry as-is :thumbsup:

With over half of "The Month of The Peanut" finished, here are a few of my thoughts...

I'm really glad I decided to dedicate my small watch pocket to the Peanut knife. The little knife has so many benefits to it. It's small and I don't really notice I'm carrying it, until it's needed. The "public friendly" nature makes it very easy to use it in public without getting any strange looks. It makes a wonderful fidget toy at work or at home, it's just so 'snappy'. And best of all... It cuts stuff!!! :D

However, I have been carrying it paired with larger knives. There have been a few occasions where I was glad to have a larger knife on me. Like the time I was tasked with cutting up some fruit for students to snack on. I wasn't looking forward to slicing apples with my Peanut, so thank goodness it wasn't the only knife I was carrying that day. Or the time that the pencil sharpener at work crapped out, and I had six more new pencils to sharpen. I started with the Peanut but it was taking way too long. The Peanut is so small that it's hard to get a good bite into the tough wood on the pencils. The Peanut could have finished the job, but it went so much faster with my larger knife.

So, I've learned that the Peanut is a good watch pocket knife... I just will have to pair it with something larger. I'd probably use the Peanut for about 80% of the cutting duties and reserve the larger knife for when it was needed. The Peanut is definitely a fun little knife to use but I will never be a "Peanut Only" type of guy.

Well, I only have two at the moment. The Case Collectors Club New Member knife and a Barehead in Prime Vintage Stag. I really need to start taking pictures of these things :oops:

Back