Cult of the peanut , members

My small collection of Peanuts. Case whiskey bone cv, Schrade (USA) 120T Pal single blade, Remington single blade - pretty sure it was made by Camillus, and an Imperial (USA).
f1kVZcB.jpg

aLGIYEz.jpg

I just "liked" one or two posts from the dawn of time. Sometimes I seem to turn up on page one instead of "first unread".
I had a purple peanut with a pink Peace sign and a bail. May be I can get it back from my cousin one day.

I added a AAA flashlight but otherwise have the same daily carry

great little cutters

I always have a maglite solitaire LED on a tec-clip in my right front pocket.

Much like the peanut, it's used nearly daily!

That said... may stray a bit to the pen-knife side for a smidge if I decide to acquire one of those pretty Buck 305 Lancers with the long pull on the main blade.

Seems a close enough cousin to the peanut to be sanctioned.

2Nz6osH.jpg

I am going to try this out for awhile. I had an idea today to carry some screw driver bits with me. I can clamp them in my vise grips and have a handle for them. I tried it out and it works okay.
Mike how’s this EDC working out? Has anything been added/ removed? I know the peanut is still on duty :cool:

JaxBaron JaxBaron
I removed the bit kit. I kept misplacing them. I also put the wrench away for now. The vise grip has been doing good for me as pliers or a little wrench when needed. Still looking for a better screwdriver option. Have not been able to find a sears 4 way here in my area and haven't got around to ordering one just yet. So for know my sak is my screwdriver option. The peanut gets all the cutting chores.

JaxBaron JaxBaron
I removed the bit kit. I kept misplacing them. I also put the wrench away for now. The vise grip has been doing good for me as pliers or a little wrench when needed. Still looking for a better screwdriver option. Have not been able to find a sears 4 way here in my area and haven't got around to ordering one just yet. So for know my sak is my screwdriver option. The peanut gets all the cutting chores.

Mike, I've been carrying the little Victoriox quatro in my wallet and it's worked out great. I didn't like it at first, being so used to the Sear's 4-way, but it grew on me and it has two much better shaped dedicated Phillips bits on it. They are available many places and not above 2 dollars most places. I keep it on a thin nylon cord in the zipper compartment of my wallet with the P-38 I've had since my army days. It's great for small Phillips screws.

Mike, I've been carrying the little Victoriox quatro in my wallet and it's worked out great. I didn't like it at first, being so used to the Sear's 4-way, but it grew on me and it has two much better shaped dedicated Phillips bits on it. They are available many places and not above 2 dollars most places. I keep it on a thin nylon cord in the zipper compartment of my wallet with the P-38 I've had since my army days. It's great for small Phillips screws.

Where are you finding them for $2? I just looked on the big river site and they are $6.71 and have 21% 1-star reviews.

I was searching the great web, and found a place with optics in the name and a thing that was one of the 9 big round things that orbit the sun. They had them for 2 bucks about two years ago.

Sure enough, still available. Thank you.

Sure enough, still available. Thank you.

Good!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like I said, I didn't like it at first. My problem was, I was directly comparing it to the Sears that I was still carrying. But when I went cold turkey and made myself put the sears in the drawer and just carry the Vic quatro, I found that it did work at its intended task very good.

It was kind of like the peanut; I didn't really appreciate it until I actually put my 'other' knives away and just plunged in and just carried the peanut. I found that I didn't die, the world kept on spinning, and there was no rip in the space-time continuum, and it all worked out well. My mistrust was based on how small the thing really is, but like most Victorinox products, it did work. Now I'm a convert. The quatro lives in my wallet with my P-38, that I will never give up.

Hallelujah and yee-haa!
:D

Well, here's my start into the twisted world of the mighty legume. This years Collectors Club, and a Bare Head stag. Heading out in a minute to get a Yellar CV nut...

G8ZK6y1.jpg
A Yellow CV, a beautiful blue jigged bone, and a barehead stag... I'd say you have all your bases covered there. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Is the Trappernut still being produced? I can't seem to find one other than a 2012 Collectors Club version.

Back