Cult of the peanut , members

My brother-in-law made a comment about how I did not have enough knife with me. I showed extreme personal restraint, I did not reach into my pocket and show off the rest of my jewelry, I just carved a whole 20 pound turkey using a case peanut. It did the job nicely, Though I would say it is perhaps not in the best tool for this type of work.
BAF1325C-ABE5-4E9A-ACC8-AB84AD3E8176.jpeg

Paul’s beautiful new Peanut reminded me that I had neglected to post my new one here in the Peanut Gallery. (I’ve used this shot elsewhere but it’s my favorite, so here it is again.)
ngBCRed.jpg

Just wanted to report in that we may have a new member of the cult. I gifted my (new hope to be son-in-law) a basic yeller Peanut in SS for Christmas. He seems to have taken to it so we will see what the future holds for this probie. He started a new job as a manager at Office Depot and I covered all the basic care and feeding.

Just wanted to report in that we may have a new member of the cult. I gifted my (new hope to be son-in-law) a basic yeller Peanut in SS for Christmas. He seems to have taken to it so we will see what the future holds for this probie. He started a new job as a manager at Office Depot and I covered all the basic care and feeding.
Bring him on, the more the merrier, a yellow nut is a great start.

Nice! The Yellow Delrin is my go-to Peanut for new members :)

My brother-in-law made a comment about how I did not have enough knife with me. I showed extreme personal restraint, I did not reach into my pocket and show off the rest of my jewelry, I just carved a whole 20 pound turkey using a case peanut. It did the job nicely, Though I would say it is perhaps not in the best tool for this type of work.
View attachment 1254041
:D Well done! I wouldn't even consider it but maybe if I was taunted by an in-law I would want to show them up too :thumbsup:

Yella legumes are the rank and file of the peanut cult. :thumbsup:

After reading many posts about the Peanut, then months ago buying a Case Barlow, which I pretty quickly moved along, I ordered a Peanut in saw cut bone from @knifeswapper this morning. I intend to keep it in my pocket and use it consistently for a while. I suspect it will be one of those surprise knives that prove more useful than appearance would suggest.

After reading many posts about the Peanut, then months ago buying a Case Barlow, which I pretty quickly moved along, I ordered a Peanut in saw cut bone from @knifeswapper this morning. I intend to keep it in my pocket and use it consistently for a while. I suspect it will be one of those surprise knives that prove more useful than appearance would suggest.
I use to carry a peanut and something a little larger like a copperlock. I now only carry a peanut and find there is no day to day task the peanut cant handle.

Back