Cult of the peanut , members

I'm always happy to see the cut is doing well and so many still appreciate the mighty legume. It's the little knife that can.

But most of all, I've always seen the peanut as a metaphor. An icon of what can be if one thinks it thru. "It being whatever job is at hand. Those us that are fans of the little jack know what the cute cutter is capable of. Most people will over estimate what tool is needed for most, like 98%, of the cutting jobs we have to handle in our daily routine. Opening boxes, cutting open those cursed plastic blister packages, cutting some twine in the garden, clipping a coupon form a magazine or paper, sharpening a pencil, stripping a bit of wire for a repair job. Heck, like I've said before, look how much work is done by a one inch utility blade.

People love to go over board on things. Big trucks and SUV's for going down to the corner store for a carton of milk. Carrying 40 ounces of gun and two spare mags for self defense, buying a 3,000 square foot home for a family of three.

To me, the peanut is the metaphor for logical practical thought and action. Like the iconic little one and two blade jacks and pens of my youth in the 1950's, when they were on cardboard displays up by the cash registers at the five and dime. When every man who had pants on, had a small two blade jack in his pocket someplace. It was small and easy to carry, yet got the job done.

The peanut; the little legume that can.

I'm always happy to see the cut is doing well and so many still appreciate the mighty legume. It's the little knife that can.

But most of all, I've always seen the peanut as a metaphor. An icon of what can be if one thinks it thru. "It being whatever job is at hand. Those us that are fans of the little jack know what the cute cutter is capable of. Most people will over estimate what tool is needed for most, like 98%, of the cutting jobs we have to handle in our daily routine. Opening boxes, cutting open those cursed plastic blister packages, cutting some twine in the garden, clipping a coupon form a magazine or paper, sharpening a pencil, stripping a bit of wire for a repair job. Heck, like I've said before, look how much work is done by a one inch utility blade.

People love to go over board on things. Big trucks and SUV's for going down to the corner store for a carton of milk. Carrying 40 ounces of gun and two spare mags for self defense, buying a 3,000 square foot home for a family of three.

To me, the peanut is the metaphor for logical practical thought and action. Like the iconic little one and two blade jacks and pens of my youth in the 1950's, when they were on cardboard displays up by the cash registers at the five and dime. When every man who had pants on, had a small two blade jack in his pocket someplace. It was small and easy to carry, yet got the job done.

The peanut; the little legume that can.
Very well said :thumbsup:

Bok1OPE.jpg

Well the recruit made its way back into the pocket with the peanut. So far the peanut has been nice and not got jealous of the recruit.:D
Like you said J jackknife its for the kids. And i like having the handy tools it provides.
P.s. sorry for the poor quality pic. My phone does not take great pics.

I grew up carrying a Schrade and Case Peanut, that changed over the years and then Carl's thread and passion for the almighty "Nut" influenced a resurgence on my part. Then arthritis, busted up thumbnails etc found my Yeller Nut back in the cigar box. After being gifted a yeller nut in tru sharp by JohnDF (thanks John) and visiting this thread again my interest has piqued once more, so a few weeks back out came both the yeller and chestnut bone peanut.

Well curiosity for other versions led me to lookin and this ebony with unique shield, slanted bolsters and tru sharp blades caught my eye. I'm glad to own this one, here my friends, is my ebony "Nut" albeit dwarfed by Charlie's Black Jacko_O:)
p98NFj.jpg

I grew up carrying a Schrade and Case Peanut, that changed over the years and then Carl's thread and passion for the almighty "Nut" influenced a resurgence on my part. Then arthritis, busted up thumbnails etc found my Yeller Nut back in the cigar box. After being gifted a yeller nut in tru sharp by JohnDF (thanks John) and visiting this thread again my interest has piqued once more, so a few weeks back out came both the yeller and chestnut bone peanut.

Well curiosity for other versions led me to lookin and this ebony with unique shield, slanted bolsters and tru sharp blades caught my eye. I'm glad to own this one, here my friends, is my ebony "Nut" albeit dwarfed by Charlie's Black Jacko_O:)
p98NFj.jpg

WOW, Paul!!!

That is a stunning 'nut.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

WOW, Paul!!!

That is a stunning 'nut.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Carl, quite a legacy you've established with this thread and all those you've enlightened with what a small sharp knife can do:thumbsup:
This Case is a heck of a little knife. Solid and centered blades, unique shield, ebony covers and slanted bolsters make it a joy to carry. The only thing that would make it better to me are carbon blades, but the Tru Sharp blades are darn nice in their own right:thumbsup:

Thanks Carl, quite a legacy you've established with this thread and all those you've enlightened with what a small sharp knife can do:thumbsup:
This Case is a heck of a little knife. Solid and centered blades, unique shield, ebony covers and slanted bolsters make it a joy to carry. The only thing that would make it better to me are carbon blades, but the Tru Sharp blades are darn nice in their own right:thumbsup:

I'm so glad you love it, Paul. The little legume is like a metaphor of don't underestimate the small tool. It can get it done. Like my old man tried to get it through my hard head; it doesn't have to be big, just sharp!:thumbsup:

I'm so glad you love it, Paul. The little legume is like a metaphor of don't underestimate the small tool. It can get it done. Like my old man tried to get it through my hard head; it doesn't have to be big, just sharp!:thumbsup:
Isn't it somethin Carl how parents get smarter the older we get;):):D

I'm fortunate to still have my Dad here and even though I'm knockin on 60, I still learn from my pops:thumbsup:

A very Merry Christmas to you and Karen Carl:thumbsup:

p98NFj.jpg
Paul, What a fantastic, and unique Peanut!

Back