Cult of the peanut , members

The peanut is still going strong after almost 6 years of daily carry.

0NfVABb.jpeg

Peanut and Knipex, how could you go wrong?!
I just got the knipex pliers last week and i am liking them alot. I got tired of breaking leathermans and wanted something that could handle bolts and pipe. I started a new job in manufacturing and they are already becoming one of my most used tools. And of course the peanut just works great wherever i go.

I just got the knipex pliers last week and i am liking them alot. I got tired of breaking leathermans and wanted something that could handle bolts and pipe. I started a new job in manufacturing and they are already becoming one of my most used tools. And of course the peanut just works great wherever i go.
Yes, they are fantastic, would not trade mine and need the smaller pair to go with my peanut! Congrats on the new job!

Yes, they are fantastic, would not trade mine and need the smaller pair to go with my peanut! Congrats on the new job!
Thanks. I needed a change and i am excited to be apart of manufacturing in a part of Oklahoma that is mainly none for oil field work. Its something i have wanted to see for our communities economy and now i get to be a part of it.

There is a smaller Knipex plier, more pocketable, but perhaps not as useful as the next size up for the jobs you are likely to encounter. There is often a tradeoff between utility and portability. I usually opt in favor of an even more pocketable plier, the 4 1/2” Channellock. The little Knipex will handle bigger fasteners, but the head is much bigger and much mote noticeable in the pocket. The Channellock is plenty for the small fasteners I encounter on my bus. The Knipex would be more useful on a motorbike.
740F702F-C547-4526-AFF3-A32469ECFE32.jpeg

Last edited:
There is a smaller Knipex plier, more pocketable, but perhaps not as useful as the next size up for the jobs you are likely to encounter. There is often a tradeoff between utility and portability. I usually opt in favor of an even more pocketable plier, the 4 1/2” Channellock. The little Knipex will handle bigger fasteners, but the head is much bigger and much mote noticeable in the pocket. The Channellock is plenty for the small fasteners I encounter on my bus. The Knipex would be more useful on a motorbike.
View attachment 1995329
I got the 7 in ones. They fit in my front pockets but they are noticeable. For my job they are great. I am going to get the smaller ones eventually for pocket carry. They are great pliers and really pair good with a victorinox. The pliers in my opinion are much better than most multi tools and paired with a sak are lighter than most multiools.

There was discussion of the small pliers well back in this thread. The idea of a minimalist tool kit was referred to there, and was the subject of some discussion a few years back.

Sad news and a confession. I seem to have bent the clip blade of my trusty nut. I have zero recollection of prying with it, that is not something I do, but it’s bent.

I’ve broken and reglued the covers, generally used the heck out of this knife, but a bent blade really bothers me. Maybe I’ll get over it, but for now it will languish in the drawer. I might need to replace it.

Attachments

• D54214BC-1332-4884-82FE-0C1328BC64DC.jpeg
    D54214BC-1332-4884-82FE-0C1328BC64DC.jpeg
    508.2 KB · Views: 14
Sad news and a confession. I seem to have bent the clip blade of my trusty nut. I have zero recollection of prying with it, that is not something I do, but it’s bent.

I’ve broken and reglued the covers, generally used the heck out of this knife, but a bent blade really bothers me. Maybe I’ll get over it, but for now it will languish in the drawer. I might need to replace it.
You might try to hammer it straight, and replace the knife when you've broken the blade.

That's a bummer :(
Its good that the peanut is commonly available. Sound like its time for a new one. At least you'll have a reason other than "Its shiny 🤩" :rolleyes:
Post pics in the new additions thread when you get it :thumbsup:

That's a bummer :(
Its good that the peanut is commonly available. Sound like its time for a new one. At least you'll have a reason other than "Its shiny 🤩" :rolleyes:
Post pics in the new additions thread when you get it :thumbsup:

Yes, not rare or expensive so not a big problem. Just a bummer.

Speaking of rare and expensive, I may try to hunt down a raindrop Damascus one. It will probably horrify some collectors if I do because it would be a user!

Shoooot with the work you have put into keeping the ole thing going Ide try everything in the book to get the blade back to useable shape before retiring it!!! Then if/when I failed...Ide put it in the drawer and start fresh with the next one.

Good luck either way!

Matt

Back