Cult of the Texas Jack; why should the peaNUTS get all the glory

BUMP!! Here's my TJ. It rides in my pocket everyday. Here's a pic of it with a new pocket slip I just made tonight. I'm tired of getting grit in the pivot joint everyday.

BUMP!! Here's my TJ. It rides in my pocket everyday. Here's a pic of it with a new pocket slip I just made tonight.[/URL]

Great color and pattern on that pocket slip Bighaze51, perfect for your everyday companion.
Making or modifying something takes ownership to a higher level, really making it your own.
This TJ has had it's bolsters rounded and satinized, a tea soak and an apple slicing patina applied... because this one is mine.;):D

Last edited:
Thanks! The leather is from a hat my buddy gave me. His dog chewed up most of the hat so he gave me what was left of it 😀

Red,

that's some great work. Can you show more pis of the rounded bolsters? One of the main complaints folks have about the 032 pattern are the square bolsters.

Personally I enjoy every thing about the STJ, but really interested in seeing more of your tinker job.

Thanks

Jim

Red,

...Can you show more pis of the rounded bolsters? ... Personally I enjoy every thing about the STJ, but really interested in seeing more of your tinker job.

Thanks

Jim

Jim, the change to the bolsters is fairly subtle so the third pic includes a pair of Buck 301s end to end. One with and one without a rounded bolster. Hope this helps.

I just got a 6292 1981 model with dark brown bone and this thing is awesome! It's made very well and both blades have a heavy pull and a strong snap especially the pen blade. I love this knife!
3eb22013a3ffa26b083a50a821eaaa90.jpg

e2cb06324a3f17fb6b3dba2579626423.jpg

Last edited:
Jim, the change to the bolsters is fairly subtle so the third pic includes a pair of Buck 301s end to end. One with and one without a rounded bolster. Hope this helps.

Redsparrow....great job! Subtle, but a nice touch.

Thanks,

Jim

This Texas Jack is one of my favorite knives to cary. Took thi pic while hunting.
8d8dae9a7488806df9a9ee019f050f71.jpg
a3146aa6f7b86bc5f6dbf85c1f04e5c1.jpg

Been going back through and fixing the color balance on some of my pix. Here's my Chestnut Bone Texas Jack.

Case%20Chestnut%20Bone%20Texas%20Jack_zpspwvgfrrg.jpg

Great! Now I'm looking at getting one of these. If my wife discovers what I do on this site, she's going to ground me and take away my laptop!!! :D

Back