Cult of the Texas Jack; why should the peaNUTS get all the glory

Heres a 2010 #62032 I just found near the bottom of a La Unica cigar box. Centered blades, no play, beautiful green jigged bone, nicely radiused with no sharp spots, nice pinched and grooved bolsters...all in all a great Jack Knife:thumbup:

roBOxN.jpg

FJka9f.jpg

fUBByW.jpg

Paul - :eek::eek: I wandered what happened to my TJ! :D IMO one of the nicest examples they make. Hope you and your family are off to a good year. Thanks for that little matter you helped me with before Christmas, it worked out just fine. :)

Heres a 2010 #62032 I just found near the bottom of a La Unica cigar box. Centered blades, no play, beautiful green jigged bone, nicely radiused with no sharp spots, nice pinched and grooved bolsters...all in all a great Jack Knife:thumbup:

roBOxN.jpg

FJka9f.jpg

fUBByW.jpg

I'll take two of those, and call you all in the morning!

roBOxN.jpg

FJka9f.jpg

fUBByW.jpg

That is a very fine example! Almost puts me past the "tipping point"...

Paul - :eek::eek: I wandered what happened to my TJ! :D IMO one of the nicest examples they make. Hope you and your family are off to a good year. Thanks for that little matter you helped me with before Christmas, it worked out just fine. :)

Ron, when you posted it (your pictures are better then mine) I couldn't resist for good reasons. It's a terrific knife and just shows CASE produces an excellent product. There's no reason why I don't carry it more. Unfortunately I have a few knives that deserve a better owner:eek:

Glad things worked out well with our friend;) Happy Holidays Ron and have a wonderful New Year:thumbup:

Thanks guys:)

Could be I've got one after all. I found this 4" Colonial while I was looking for something else.
XGddI0RZ

This one probably doesn't count, since the secondary isn't a pen.
XKetaZoW

FJka9f.jpg

Impressive Texas Jack, Paul! :thumbup::thumbup:

Aha! Shenana Claus indeed! :D:thumbup:

- GT

Paul, is that beauty cv?

I've not seen too much variety on the stj. A few different handle materials but most in ss. The green bone and lined bolsters take an awesome knife and push it to the top.

Great find

Jim

I've really grown quite fond of my Texas Jack. I had been thinking about buying a Case medium stockman, but couldn't find one that fit quite what I wanted - I like the square bolsters, but also wanted a clip/sheepsfoot/spey blade combination (rather than clip/sheepsfoot/pen), but all the square bolstered Case medium stockmans have the pen rather than the spey, and I didn't much like the rounded bolsters, so I sort of forgot about it and never bought one. Well, I was looking at some Case knives in person at a shop, and decided I liked the Texas Jack well enough (I didn't really need three blades, anyways). Yes, I know that the Texas Jack has a pen blade, which is what I was trying to avoid in the stockman, but since it isn't a stockman, it doesn't really bother me. It's a handy little knife. :thumbup:

19EBFFD3-0E74-4714-B926-BC79CEBF15F5.jpg

23F971C8-2D1C-44D5-8B3F-6C06F73C968E.jpg

Last edited:
Paul, is that beauty cv?

I've not seen too much variety on the stj. A few different handle materials but most in ss. The green bone and lined bolsters take an awesome knife and push it to the top.

Great find

Jim

Jim, thank you, it's Tru-Sharp, and as a die hard carbon guy, I easily can make the concession with all the other features the knife offers. I am impressed with the edge achieved on the Tru-Sharp:thumbup::cool:

That was a from a 2010 run of "Pinched Bolster Olive Green Bone" knives that were all SS. Item #12455 was for the Medium Jack 62032 pattern in that family (same pattern as the Small Texas Jack).

Beautiful Paul! Haven't seen one like that before.

Here's mine from today :)
tumblr_o0llm6vAhs1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

Here's mine from today :)
tumblr_o0llm6vAhs1rzq6m9o1_1280.jpg

It's fortuitous that you posted yours, as today I received my first ever full-size Texas jack, a beautiful and bold #6292.

I've really grown quite fond of my Texas Jack. I had been thinking about buying a Case medium stockman

Why, yes, Barrett. That is a medium stockman sitting alongside which just so happened to arrive with it. :D

food_drink_peanut_food_allery_peanuts_allergies.jpg

Actually, I have some gift cards that are waiting for my next trip to BPS to pick up a CV texas jack in amber bone. I very rarely use the speys on my stockmans.

Very nice 6292 Tsar (as well as a nice 6318 Stockman). I think you will really, really like that 92 TJ. OH

Very nice 6292 Tsar (as well as a nice 6318 Stockman). I think you will really, really like that 92 TJ. OH

I am quickly discovering that I have a profound appreciation for the squared-off bolsters look of the Cases in this vein, like the TJ and the large stockman. While I consider myself a Barlow man first and foremost, these even-ended jacks I keep encountering consistently look and feel great. When I eventually start giving some of my knives happy new homes, I have a feeling these boys are going to be staying with papa. :D

Back