Cult of the Texas Jack; why should the peaNUTS get all the glory

That black Case jack with the round bolsters is one good-looking pocket knife, deltaboy! :thumbup:
(I like that metal-handled Producers Grain knife, too. :cool:)

Fantastic four for the Fourth! :thumbup:

This whole "controversy" about the medium jack having a box labelled "Texas Jack" is interesting. I agree with RobbW's post that a "classic" small Texas Jack has square bolsters (and a "beefy" pen blade). FWIW, I also agree with his preference for round bolsters. ;)

FelineGirl has the obvious knife knut solution to the controversy: get one of each! :D:thumbup:
Those are beauties, Alex! :cool:
(Sounds like ∂boy plans to do the same thing; hope you find a "genuine" Texas Jack soon, sir! :thumbup:)

- GT

The Producers Grain Corporation was the Company my wife's Paternal Grandfather worked for 45 years my Father in Law said they lived all over the Pan Handle where Al Sr was getting Gins and Mills
Books back in the Black. He was so good at it that he had total power to hire and fire etc. We found it last Fall cleaning out some boxes we had brought home when we cleared out their house. It is solid brass and the blade and spring is stainless steel but took a hair popping edge.

Someone mentioned this thread the other day, and that they havent seen it in a while. So I thought that needed to change.

Just finished carrying my STJ for two weeks. Great knife. One of my best cases.

This is an old recycled pic. Maybe I need to get some new pics.

Jim

Love my STJ - I'm in!

qHUVUHO.jpg

Keep in mind that 3-year old comment that Ryan made was in a spirit of friendly jesting with his fellow posters here at the time, so don't take it out of context. It was all meant in good fun between the Peanut and Jack "cults" which are made up of pretty much the same set of people.

Thanks guys, I am definitely hooked on Case 70' knives, I just received another jack today, and I am trying to get a few other patterns as well. What amazes me is that I can find these old case jacks in near mint condition easier than most of the newer made traditional folders out there.

Thanks guys, I am definitely hooked on Case 70' knives, I just received another jack today, and I am trying to get a few other patterns as well. What amazes me is that I can find these old case jacks in near mint condition easier than most of the newer made traditional folders out there.

Jeff - Don't tell everyone!!! :eek: You forgot to say "Cheaper too!" At least most of the time!:D

Man I almost impulsed purchased one of these days after flipping through the pages lmao.

That's a beauty right there Roo, I have the same knife I bought from a friend here. I need to carry it more:thumbup:

Roo - That is one of the sweetest TJ's Case has made in quite a while. Terrific jigging and those classy bolsters make it a definite winner! :thumbup:

Yeah it's one of my favourites, I really don't carry it much though. The fit and finish is spot on and those bolsters are awesome. Would love to see more of this from case

Roo - That is one of the sweetest TJ's Case has made in quite a while. Terrific jigging and those classy bolsters make it a definite winner! :thumbup:

If memory serves Ron, didn't I get mine from you:confused: tough getting old:eek:

Back