Daily Carry Pen?

johnniet

Gold Member
C'mon, we all like stuff you can use with your hands...

I probably use my pocket knife every couple of days, and if I need it and don't have it I tend to feel naked.
But a little while ago I realized: I use a pen every day, many times, and I bet that's true for a lot of us. So why not have a pen with me all the time? Why not spring for one that I really like using, just like with a knife?

Anybody else have the same idea a long time ago? What did you end up getting?

I carry a Fisher Space Pen, the "bullet" model. They're small enough to fit in my miniature wallet, very tough, guaranteed to last for three years, work fine at far below freezing or above boiling, and so on. As a nature photographer, needing to spend a lot of time in the field under adverse conditions, I've chosen this pen because it is the most reliable one available..

I just got a lower end Rotring triple action pen that has a black pen, mechanical pencil, and PDA stylus - all three writing instruments I need in one package. I like it a lot...I'll have to spring for a better one later down the road.
smile.gif

~Mitch

------------------
My Hobby Page

Well, daily carry is a Fisher Ti Spacepen fromabout ten years ago. In uniform I like the Rotring ballpoint. When I have to wear a suit, an older Mont Blanc. But the Fisher is a daily companion.

Nice knives just seem to beg for nice pens. Mine's a Parker Sonnet Rollerball. Great balance in the hand.

AJ

I carry a BIC med black "Round Stik". I paid $1 for a package of 10 of 'em. (Go ahead, and try to beat THAT for a good value!.
smile.gif
.).

I also have 2 gold, and 1 silver Cross pens, but I don't "carry" them, as I'd HATE to "lose" them.

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

[This message has been edited by glockman99 (edited 04-01-2001).]

Chrome Cross pen that I've had for 15 years. Used to work in Funeral Service, and of course had to wear a suit ever day. My corporate executive brother-in-law gave me a couple of his old suits, and this pen was in the coat pocket of one. He'd never miss it (probably got it free from his company anyway), so it's been my companion ever since.

I carry a Rotring Multipoint Quattro action pen that has a black pen, mechanical pencil, PDA stylus and orange hi-liter in one package. I also carry a Fisher "Bullet" space pen. They are both very nice writing instruments.

Daily carry pens - varies just like my knives: Shaeffer Intrigue roller, Sensa (rollers and balls, Fisher Millennium Bullet, Retro 1951 titanium capless roller, and a variety of the disposable kind from Pilot and Sanford. Like knives, the only time I don't have a pen on me is when I'm sleeping or in the shower
smile.gif

------------------
Proud member: AKTI, NCCKG, NCKK, and SCAK

Living life on the edge

I too carry the Rotring Data Pen: black ball point, pencil, PDA stylus, and highlighter.

Actually, I like the gunmetal finish on the standard Rotring Quattro pen that has black, blue, and red ballpoints and a pencil, I can't decide which cartridge to replace with the PDA stylus from PDA Panache.

The other pen that I frequently use at work is a Pilot Dr. Grip.

gm

I used to carry a Fisher bullet Spacepen everyday. They are nice and small but frequently slide out of my pockets. My biggest problem with them is that every one that I've had, and every Fisher refill I tried would start oozing ink around the ball. I'd go to write something and there would be a glob of ink completely covering the tip. I got tired of having to wipe the thing off every time I went to use it. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Now I carry either a Rotring 600 ballpoint, or a Pilot Dr. Grip. I usually use the Dr. Grip when I have to do a lot of writing since it is really comfortable. I think they are overpriced for a plastic bodied ballpoint pen, but they go on sale from time to time. The Rotring I have is a somewhat older model that they don't make anymore. It looks just like a mechanical drafting pencil and it's built like a tank.

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

Dexter:

I've been considering getting the Millennium Bullet Fisher Space Pen. I'd like to hear any comments you have about this pen. Also, is it the same size as the regular bullet? Similar weight?

Thanks

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnniet:
C'mon, we all like stuff you can use with your hands...

<snip>Anybody else have the same idea a long time ago? What did you end up getting?
</font>

Waterman fountain pen, fine nib - I use the Waterman Blue-Black ink

Fountain pens

The Pelikan M400 is absolutely dependable for everyday carry.

When I'm in the mood, I carry a Visconti Moonlight Voyager, but lately I have carried the Pelikan 1935 Limited Edition (the green one). Such a nice pen, I felt it was a pity to leave it sitting in its nice presentation box...

I carry a Fisher Astronaut pen everyday. This one:

fisher_ch4.jpg

It is engraved, like my sebenza, to help discourage theives (pen theives are everwhere and most don't even know that they are pen theives!) I only jot little bits down during the day. My fiance OTOH takes notes constantly (she is a graduate english student AND has carpal-tunnel) so I got her a Sensa Plasma Grip pen and she loves it!

I also have a Retro 51 Tornado that ruined a favourite shirt so now it has a standard Fisher cartridge and not the capless rollerball cartridge.

I keep Fisher refills in mosst of my pens and don't have too much trouble. One exploded on me once and I sent it back and they sent me a new one within a week.

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

Days without a shirt (or jacket) pocket, the Fisher Ti bullet is dead solid dependable pocket companion. When a pocket is available, I've got a drawer full--Dupont, Edson, Hysek, Montegrappa, Lamy, Parker...

(pen addict trying to stay on the wagon)

------------------
eschew obfuscation!
Knife Collection in Training

My daily cary is a Bic Round Stic. Why? Because I'm terrible with pens. I either chew them or lose them. Or both. If I carried a nice pen around it'd be gone or destroyed by the end of the day.

At home, however, I use a Tombah. I got it as a gift last Xmas and it's a really nice pen.

Back