Damascus EDC, the start of a journey: Est. 2017 (w. Feb 2024 update).

Ya'll got me convinced, I gotta get me a PJ Damascus Sebenza.
Two questions though:
1: The obtainable patterns are Ladder, Boomerang and Raindrop right? If anyone can post a picture with all three (or more) patterns next to each other It'll be much appreciated.
2: Has anyone been "unlucky" with a new damascus blade - I.E faded, weak, irregular (in lack of a better word) etc. pattern?
Been switching between this guy and a micarta version for the last few month as my work knife. No issues with the Damascus holds a fine edge and takes a strop beautifully. The pattern will fade but to me gives it its character. Both mine are boomerang and they have quite different patterns. Here’s a side by side of the 2 boomerangs.

Attachments

• 7D2D52B9-2D22-4367-BC1F-7732BA811C87.jpeg
    7D2D52B9-2D22-4367-BC1F-7732BA811C87.jpeg
    541.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 185E94FF-8443-4850-AC82-E9F9E625468F.jpeg
    185E94FF-8443-4850-AC82-E9F9E625468F.jpeg
    699.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Well, it’s been 2 months since I posted about edc-ing my new damascus 31. It was the toughest CRK to break in out of the 11 that I have, but definitely worth the wait! I finally sharpened it last week. It’s held it’s edge great, and was fairly easy to sharpen. I was stropping it regularly, to maintain it, but after skinning wire and cutting rope for 2 months it finally got to the point that a strop wasn’t quite enough. I also added a Lynch NW clip to it not long after my first photos. I like the stock clip, but figured I’d try a Lynch on it because I love his clips for other knives. I really love this one too👍🏻
Great edc knife, I love the damascus! Thank you Kid, for inspiring me to go this route!View attachment 1883010View attachment 1883011
Beautiful!!!

My pocket has been on a CRK hiatus the past month or two. What better way to rotate back?

rb2USdr.jpeg

Pulled the trigger and ordered a small PJ with raindrop damascus. I've carried a Sebenza Insingo exclusively for almost six months now so the decision came easy - thanks to this thread too 👍

I bought a micarta raindrop for my son for his graduation later this year. I cannot wait to give it to him. I’ve always wanted one, couldn’t convince myself to spend the money, but since it’s not for me I’m happy to do it.

I got the CRK last year, and the Spartan this month. I'm told both are Chad Nichols Damascus. I've been meaning to learn about the steel such their blade toughness and hardness. So far I have carried the Spartan, but they were both used and preowned before I got them. I don't count my Civivi knives with Damascus in this same category.

I guess you would call this raindrop Damascus.
IMG_8549.JPG
IMG_8542.JPG
IMG_8538.JPG

I don't know the proper name for this pattern, but it looks like a cross between boomerang and raindrop Damascus.

IMG_2654.JPG
IMG_2686.JPG

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I ordered a PJ raindrop Large 31 and sent it in to have the hardware swapped from blue to silver.

I’m planning on making that my daily carry once it comes back from CRK.
I have one like it. I dig the blue accents but I can see why silver might be a better match.

Back