Damascus EDC, the start of a journey: Est. 2017 (w. Feb 2024 update).

After carrying a Damascus 31 exclusively since July 19th (hey who's counting) it was finally time to put her on the stones. I stropped the knife about once a week, but the edge had finally gotten to the point where it needed its first real sharpening. I am very pleased with just how easy and well it responded to my efforts. I used alumina oxide stones and took it to my normal 600 grit and then a VERY light honing with ceramic before the strop; wow, very quickly back to popping arm hair.

I can definitely feel the difference between Damascus and S35 in terms of sharpening, in my experience so far the Damascus doesn't hold an edge quite as well but it isn't a slouch either.

As promised, 365 days of straight EDC from new to current. Lots of great memories and marks!

Special thanks to Tim, Brendon and the rest of the CRK crew for dealing with my MAD requests to help me with the challenge!

Looking forward to carrying another CRK and switching it up.
Changed to double lugs back in June 2023 and changed to the Ghost RGT Clip in Sept 2023
Photo_2023-11-10_06-12-21_PM-picsay_compress71.jpg

Last edited:
You’ve all inspired me to take the plunge. I’ve never held something so beautiful before. Fitting that it is largely pocket jewelry that will only come out to open packages in the office!

IMG_2236.jpeg

I have put ren wax on the scales to prevent any staining, and oiled the blade.

I might test EDCI on the blade too.

It is stainless..

Shouldn't have much of a rust issue, just keep it clean and dry. I havent noticed any issues with my Damascus CRK's both Devin Thomas and Chad Nichols.

It is stainless..

Shouldn't have much of a rust issue, just keep it clean and dry. I havent noticed any issues with my Damascus CRK's both Devin Thomas and Chad Nichols.

I also don’t want it to fade too quickly. Or at all, really.

Back