• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Damascus steel Billet (BUY ONE GET ONE FREE)

Bladesmith2002,

Keep checking the invoice status and it still is showing awaiting shipment any idea when the order might be shipping?

Thanks Tim

Dear members,
We are sorry for late reply because some busy in our business, we received many orders and emails for Damascus Billets. Some Damascus Patterns are out of stock so we will ship all pending orders on Monday 06, 2010 and all you will receive these parcels Thirsday or Friday.

Thanks you very much for all members for this kind cooperation.

Best regards,

Bladesmith2002

Just to let everyone know he does deliver. I took a shot right away and ordered 3 billets to get 6 and I got 6 nice billets in a decent amount of time. I cut out a profile, but before I finished it I took the biggest piece of scrap from it and heated it up to 1500 and let it set for 15 min. to make sure everything in oven was 1500, then quenched in Parks 50. Ground the minimal scale off and checked it with my portable RC tester in several spots. It is damascus so readings varied a bit but all were 60 and above before temper and around 58 after a single temper (400f) with one reading of 56. So it does harden. The profile has now been ground out nice with no defects hardened and took a nice etch. I got the same results with the RC tests after 2 400f tempers. If my camera wasn't already loaded up for a camping trip I would post a photo. Later..

Last edited:
bladesmith2002,
did you get my order? I emailed you on Sunday (I believe) and again on Monday, but have had no response. I know you are busy, I just want to make sure you got the order.

Dear Friends,
We are sorry for late reply because we were busy in our Business and also some Damascus Patterns was out of stock now all patterns are available and you can order any time. We have been shipped all pending orders by DHL courier hope they will receive in this week.

As we informed in our previous messages that we are registered company in Pakistan, we are in Damascus business from last 5 years. We export our Damascus product in Europe and America,

We would like to inform that we have no relation with Al-Qaeda and Taliban and we not invest our money on them.

Best regards,

Bladesmith2002

Last edited:
I dont believe anyone here thinks your a terrorist and most of us understand your going through difficulties as most businesses do when they go international.Peace,McAhron

Got a call today from DHL saying that my steel should be delivered tomorrow. This is my first order with bladesmith2002 and the first time I'll be working with damascus. Hopefully my wife doesn't kill me... Wish me luck!

Irfan,
I received my replacement billets today. These look very nice.
Thank you for your excellent customer service.

Bladesmith - I got my billets yesterday, they look great! I've never worked damascus before so I'm a little intimidated (mostly at the cost of screwing up) but am excited to give these a go. I wish I had a welder so I could weld on a tang to the blade rather than use the damascus for the tang as well, almost seems like a waste of beautiful metal to me!

Thanks again!

I am stil waiting for my 4 billets can you let me know when they should be showing up my order should have shipped to Canada

Abe Elias

Dear Abe Elias,
We shipped your parcel dated: September 07, 2010 by DHL courier tracking number 94 4805 7474. Also we checked the status of your parcel so it has been delivered dated: September 13, 2010 and signed by "SEABURG".

Please confirm have you received parcel safely thanks.

Best regards,

Bladesmith2002

Last edited:
Back