Deals for 6/16 --Pix, Beautiful Foxy Folly, Blems Knives Swords and Huge Savings

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Beautifully done 18 inch 25 ounce Foxy Folly by Purna. Satisal wood handle. I am offering this rig with HI- Shirt and Hat at $200.

EVEREST KATANA BY LACHHU

Overall lenght --36''
Weight --48 oz
Spine thickness-- 5/16''
Steel guard
Brass bolster, buttcap and tip
Standard leather sheath
Few hairline crack and natural grain mark on horn handle
Awesome investment at $245. *SOLD*

SHORT TIBETAN SWORD BY GANGA KAMI

Overall lenght --31.5''
Weight --54 oz
Spine thickness--5/16''
Steel guard
Brass bolster, buttcap and tip
Standard leather sheath
Hairline crack on horn handle repaired by Ganga
$225.

20 inch 26 ounce Kobra by Ganga. Few hairline carck on horn handle. This knife feels alive on hand. $90. *SOLD*

18 inch 40 ounce M-43 by Kumar. Slight shrinkage of satisal wood handle. Real workhorse for your collection at $125. *SOLD*

18 inch 25 ounce Sirupati by Kumar. Grain mark on horn handle and Karda, chakma are missings. Great deal at $85. *SOLD*

15 inch 25 ounce BAS by Ganga. The horn handle repaired by Ganga. Good to go at $88. *SOLD*

14 1/4 inch 14 ounce Mustang Knife from Mustang. Rusty blade. Yak horn handle. I am offecing this Knife at $75*SOLD* and the sheath along is worth more then asking price.

17.5 inch 28 ounce Balance Knife by Navin Rai. Super sharp edge. Top quality leather sheath. Slight shrinkage and epoxy fix crack on satisal wood handle. Steel cost at $90

10 1/4 inch villager fit and finish Karda by Kumr's big brother Sher. Great kitchen helper! The handle repaird by Sher. $48 YBB. *SOLD*

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
EMS on the Karda. Considered the mustang knife too, but I gotta slow myself down...

Super nice stuff today. Mustang knife is very interesting. And a nice KK too. Hmmmm. Must ponder.

Very nice offerings today. If the Mustang is there tomorrow, it's coming home. Rust removal, no problem. What a deal!

Another FF, getting very tempting.

Amazing stuff today.

This whole khukuri thing has generated a Kindle project for later in the summer.
As part of that, I need representative samples of different models from different makers for comps.

I have enough HI choppers for that project, needed a more svelte pattern to cover a weapon-ish version for defensive/martial arts illustration.

After due consideration of a previous post discussing which, Kobra or Sirupati, decided on the Sirupati.

Being uncertain of the overall supply situation in the next few months, emailed Yangdu a couple days ago asking if she had any 18-inch Sirupatis mit der vooden handle in stock now.

Answer came back earlier today- No, check back in a week.
Followed not long after by another email saying she'd just posted an 18-incher mit der vooden handle on the site.

In my extreme hurry to look it over for defects (none), and noting I could easily live without the missing karda & chakmak, I scrambled to get the email off to her saying I wanted it.

Acknowledged, shipping today, with an apology for mis-labeling the horn handle as wood in the email.

Went back to the site, noted the HORN handle this time (pays to pay attention, huh?), and even though I'd previously decided to stick to wood in future, figured what the hell, already in motion, good price, available now, so let it ride.

This one won't be used after the Kindle's done, I'll just have to try to keep up with the horn & oil as time marches on.
Not precisely what I wanted, but I very much appreciate Yangdu notifying me about it & I'm satisfied on this one.

For actual users, yes- my preference has solidified into a 15-inch M-43.
I think it's the best & strongest configuration for my needs.

If & when those are available again, I hope to see one or two in time to snag 'em.

Anything substantially longer than 15 gets too long for body carry, and anything over the 27 ounces of the one I lucked into here gets beyond the general utility knife class for me.

Bigger chops better, but gets more ungainly for smaller tasks.
Heavier chops better, but carries heavier, too.

Again, this is just me.
Denis

There is a FF in my future. Just not this one yet. :( Need more money. Who doesn't? But man look at those lines. Spine and belly are well proportioned and see how the blade curves out towards the handle creating a kind of guard? :D

NDog,
Whatevs, plannin' to beat him to it!
I just don't do videos. Print & Kindle only. :)

(Different Philosophy Of Use.....)
Denis

NDog,
Whatevs, plannin' to beat him to it!
I just don't do videos. Print & Kindle only. :)

(Different Philosophy Of Use.....)
Denis

Siru probably not the best for kindle. KLVUK much better:thumbup: Kagas Katne for print.

Sorry, just got the Done Deal on the Mustang. I couldn't resist!

Thank you, thank you! Pics when ya get it, thank you for saving me. Wife would have put me on a plane, and I would've been in Ndog's doghouse for who knows how long.

There is a FF in my future. Just not this one yet. :( Need more money. Who doesn't? But man look at those lines. Spine and belly are well proportioned and see how the blade curves out towards the handle creating a kind of guard? :D

What'cha doing??? Trying to tempt me? Blue Lander just saved me from a beating, now you got me thinking about that darn FF again...:)

Back