Deals for 8/25 -- Pix, KLVUK, Tamang Knife, TTC, Bowie and Awesome buys

No Email reply from Yangdu yet must be too late in the day..maybe tommorrow ..

Look for a response in the morning, if you don't get a response let us know and I'll send an email. Her AOL sometimes doesn't get some folks emails for some reason.

It's not uncommon for her to get busy and not respond till the next day too so don't worry yet.

Fingers crossed for ya.

Dear Yangdu also has Pala coming to the USA soon and might be quite busy for that auspicious occasion.....she is a very Busy Girl....

Just heard from her, and this is indeed the case so expect her to be scarce for next two days, and this includes any other DOTD.....

Last edited:
Thanks Bawanna...She did email late last night ..I was able to get the Tin Chirra..she said she it will go out tomorrow (Wednesday 8/26/15) I can't wait to get it, anyone have any idea how long shipping takes from Yangdu to Washington State?

Thanks Bawanna...She did email late last night ..I was able to get the Tin Chirra..she said she it will go out tomorrow (Wednesday 8/26/15) I can't wait to get it, anyone have any idea how long shipping takes from Yangdu to Washington State?

To WA? No more than 2 days at the most. Ask Bawanna, he's around those parts, and he's wicked good at estimating the arrival of those famed triangle boxes.

It'll be in your hands Friday if your lucky, Saturday almost a sure thing.

You on the burning eastside or the unusually hot but not on fire west side.

I just got a Tin Chirra last week, your gonna slobber all over yourself when you hold it. I suggest a bib or a beach towel. It's that awesome.

Thanks Bawanna...cant wait..Eastside were all burned hup and smokey.. I could probably temper a blade just by putting it out the window.. And smoke salmon by hanging it out the window at night. This is my 1st Kukri it looks like a 1.5 lb beast chopper...is 17 the entire length or just the blade length
?

Last edited:
Entire length, HI always goes with Over All Length. It's long enough, trust me.

The Thamar trifecta:

9041a61fa06f77919ce8d7a6c62bb414

sorry for the crappy pix. my real camera petered out and got the 20"AK repair treatment:D

99d6f45ecfc7ebf526a6cf2e7040b2e1

Yek, Dui, Tin.
More pics, specs etc. later.

Huh! Ndog got a Thamar trifecta? What.......I need to go lie down now.

Thanks ndog. The difference between the dui and the tin is pretty subtle - but I guess the tin has a little more convex third chirra while the dui has a flat area where the third chirra would be? I guess I'll need to pick up a tin to complete my Thamar trifecta one of these days.

Very cool, Kamidog. Very cool.

I think I got it under the radar as well? That dont happen very often:rolleyes:

Thanks ndog. The difference between the dui and the tin is pretty subtle - but I guess the tin has a little more convex third chirra while the dui has a flat area where the third chirra would be? I guess I'll need to pick up a tin to complete my Thamar trifecta one of these days.

Well im not so sure they are different? Ill look at them better this evening. I didnt want to get busted with it yesterday. I see your point tho. Very subtle difference if any. Might just be the photo or some spherical aboritions in my brain?

Last edited:
Mopar needs a Tin, bawanna needs a Dui and Ndog needs an intervention.

And under the radar too, how lucky can one man get? I'm calling your missus, this ain't right.

Mopar needs a Tin, bawanna needs a Dui and Ndog needs an intervention.

And under the radar too, how lucky can one man get? I'm calling your missus, this ain't right.

OK now! What do you want this time? You got a KK finally. Hmmm? Reti for silence?

That would only seem fair, don't cha think? That's the bone handle reti right?

Really nice having your missus on speed dial.

Back