Deals for 8/25 -- Pix, KLVUK, Tamang Knife, TTC, Bowie and Awesome buys

That would only seem fair, don't cha think? That's the bone handle reti right?

Really nice having your missus on speed dial.

I do believe that those who snitch to wives need more voodoo dolls made for them, so others can give them a poke now and then...:)

I withdraw all previous request or suggestions both large and small. I've deleted my speed dial list as well.

I withdraw all previous request or suggestions both large and small. I've deleted my speed dial list as well.

:D....LMAO...you were quick with the response "old man", didn't know the wheelchair could move to the keyboard that quick. You know we love ya, a little friendly poke, pain, headache once in awhile, does wonders for your memory....:rolleyes:

That goes on the assumption one has a head to ache or a memory to do wonders to ya know.

Thanks for the love regardless, no in any mano mano way ya understand.

Grats on a fine knife ashhoe! Is that your first HI Khuk?
Welcome to the forums btw. Can I call you ash for short? Your screename sure sounds familiar;)

Not my first and not my first time on the forum.
I don't post a lot but I hit this site at least every other day.
Ash is fine and it might sound familiar if you crawl on firearm sites. It's a pretty good bet if you see an ashhoe that's me. I used to check every now and then to see who jacked my name but it's been a while. I'm a whole lotta busy these days.
I'm not a mega lurker, maybe a power lurker. If this is post #5 then that's almost 1 a year.
Not too shabby.
Ha! I didn't even notice that you're the newbie! I was swinging Khuks while you were still in diapers!
2010, just a baby!
Now I'm cracking myself up.

Ha! I didn't even notice that you're the newbie! I was swinging Khuks while you were still in diapers!
2010, just a baby!
Now I'm cracking myself up.
Well! I just noticed that! Well ok you got me by 1 year and I got you by 4649 posts. No worries tho> I just talk alot. Probably too much if you ask these guys here:rolleyes:
Firearms? I think there may be a couple firearms dudes here to. Talk to ya next year I guess. Really ya dont have to wait that long tho.

Talk to ya next year I guess. Really ya dont have to wait that long tho.

By my calculations it should be about 14 months, give or take.

Well, true story be told. It was a dark and stormy night a few years back on lake Erie. The waters rose up in anger it seemed against my friends and myself. Paddle and kick, row and wail. All for naught, the inky black waters swallowed all my firearms and all my steel.
I've stayed away for years hoping to appease the gods of the deep and not incite their fury again. Now, I gingerly touch a toe to the water and purchase a blade.
Most of this comes from last weekend which I spent in Chicago where I had my face about 1 inch from a honest to goodness Ulfberht sword (the glass wouldn't flex any more than that) at the Chicago museum.
Makes me think of the Khuks and ESEE's and the old skool buckmaster I used to have before the angry brine took them from me.
I guess there were a few benchmades and maybe a couple puma's too. Oh, quite a few swiss army knives too. And old old schrades. The cold steel spikehawks I cut the spike off, re-hardened and polished down too.
Anyway, all that's gone. I have two butterknives and maybe soon a KLVUK.
It's so bad I can't even cut a sandwich in half over here.

Last edited:
By my calculations it should be about 14 months, give or take.

Well, true story be told. It was a dark and stormy night a few years back on lake Erie. The waters rose up in anger it seemed against my friends and myself. Paddle and kick, row and wail. All for naught, the inky black waters swallowed all my firearms and all my steel.
I've stayed away for years hoping to appease the gods of the deep and not incite their fury again.
Now, I gingerly touch a toe to the water and purchase a blade.
Most of this comes from last weekend which I spent in Chicago where I had my face about 1 inch from a honest to goodness Ulfberht sword (the glass wouldn't flex any more than that) at the Chicago museum.
Makes me think of the Khuks and ESEE's and the old skool buckmaster I used to have before the angry brine took them from me.
I guess there were a few benchmades and maybe a couple puma's too. Oh, quite a few swiss army knives too. And old old schrades. The cold steel spikehawks I cut the spike off, re-hardened and polished down too.
Anyway, all that's gone. I have two butterknives and maybe soon a KLVUK.
It's so bad I can't even cut a sandwich in half over here.

Ulfbert+ :eek: Id give my left nut just to see a real one! Well that black water sucks! I hear ya. I couldnt imagine losing my entire HI collection like that. I do know where your coming from though. Four years ago almost to the day (4th actually) I lost everything to an angry fire here where I live. Seventeen hundred houses burned and mine was one of them. Mine was about about a 1/2 mile behind that fireline there.

7b06154c97d7469102b7c8f3e8ccb4ce

I got my wife out and dogs. I lost some classic vehicles I wasnt driving at the time and about the only thing that survived was a Japanese waterstone and a T-shirt I left in the bottom of the swimming pool.

Now my father in law had a killer firearms collection he refused to evacuate for hurricane Ike on the Tx gulf coast and in the last minute at 2:00am in the morning we convinced him to leave and he left his entire collection to the salt water. Wasted everything. Salt aint kind to carbon steel. Werent no saving that stuff. He sure had some fine six shooters.

I did lose a bunch of cool steel, vintage guitars, etc. but I remain determined to harden, retemper and bring some of it back to some kind of usable form but will take forever. As cool as all them blades and firearms are you lost you cant let it get you down. Nothing you can do about your losses. Done Deal as we say! You can do something about where your going tho.
KLVUK will definitely get you going in the right direction.

Please dont be a stranger. I found HI right after the fire because i needed some real tools to do some serious cleaning. In the process I found these cool folks here that really gave me the inspiration to get over it and put it all back together. Blah Blah Blah id have done it anyway but these folks here sure made it pleasant when things werent so on the outside. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I suspect the raging waters were a disclaimer for the troopers of the current poser in chief.

I lost all my hardware in a similar boating accident inauguration day 7 years ago, I'm just rebuilt my collection from the Clinton era.

Sad day it twas.

Oh. The pain of it all. Uh, woe is me. These sad tales of woe make me weep. Think I'll go slice a neck off'n a Guinness with my trusty Kesar Lal and chow down on a Butterfinger to cheer myself up.

Oh. The pain of it all. Uh, woe is me. These sad tales of woe make me weep. Think I'll go slice a neck off'n a Guinness with my trusty Kesar Lal and chow down on a Butterfinger to cheer myself up.

Here come the dolls. Watch out Bawanna!

Paid on 9-1, opened the mail with it on 9-3.
That's what I like about HI.
And a lightweight chopper for cheap? Couldn't ask for more.
Except I'm getting the bug to polish it out now, why can't things be simple?
It's my first little khuk and I like it. I'm sure I can field dress a deer easy with it and I bet it skins well also.
Truth be told, I already have some old camo shirts begging to be converted into micarta for a handle. The cost of doing business I guess.
I have a stash of nickel silver too...

Paid on 9-1, opened the mail with it on 9-3.
That's what I like about HI.
And a lightweight chopper for cheap? Couldn't ask for more.
Except I'm getting the bug to polish it out now, why can't things be simple?
It's my first little khuk and I like it. I'm sure I can field dress a deer easy with it and I bet it skins well also.
Truth be told, I already have some old camo shirts begging to be converted into micarta for a handle. The cost of doing business I guess.
I have a stash of nickel silver too...

Under the scale there are hammer mark depressions so you would have to do some grinding as well. Sure would look pretty cool though. Its also not chiruwa (full tang) so micarta would have to be wrapped around an existing wood core or made in a thick slab. It would be interesting to see it done. Post a thread of progress and pics if you decide to do it. Folks here like that alot!

Back