Deals for 8/5 -- Pix, Thamar Yek Chirra Knives and Awesome Buy

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
These Knives arrived here without the sheath, Karda and chakma.
Field sharp blades!
Shop and save $$$

TYC #1
18'' 26 ounce
Satisal wood handle
$85. *SOLD*

TYC#2
18 inch 25 ounce
Satisal wood handle
$85 *SOLD*

TYC#3
18.5 inch 26 ounce
Satisal wood handle
$85 *SOLD*

TYC #4 18.5 inch 24 ounce
Satisal wood handle
$85 *SOLD*

TYC #5
18 inch 28 ounce
Satisal wood handle
$85 *SOLD*

TYC#6
18 inch 26 ounce
Satisal wood handle
$85 *SOLD*

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
Would this model make a good first purchase for an all around user or should I look for a different model or complete sheath set? Thanks for any suggestions.

Would this model make a good first purchase for an all around user or should I look for a different model or complete sheath set? Thanks for any suggestions.

I think it would be an excellent first purchase. I rarely use my sheath, and you can use the karda and chakma from your your second purchase for this one if needed.

I have one and I'm tempted to get another. I'd personally grab # 2 only because Scara already grabbed # 4 the lightest.
BUT, all in good user weight range in my book.

Lets take a vote. I vote jonesy827 goes for it. Send Auntie an email.

I would jump at this deal if I didn't already have one. The knives are great and the price is amazing.

As for "all around user," it depends on your circumstances. Do you mean "all around" for camping and hiking, or do you want a blade that you can carry every day, take to work, etc. Some people prefer 15" models for convenience, but you just can't beat these prices.

If you're handy with wood or leather, it's pretty easy to make a practical sheath for one of these knives, and with some searching you can find threads with ideas for how to do it. Or you can have one of the leatherworker forumites make a sheath for your knife. I wouldn't worry about the chakma and karda (the little blades that usually come with a khukuri). Those are part of the khukuri tradition, but there are many small pocket knives that can serve the same purpose.

Jonesy, you may like a khuk, but you don't pick it out. If you buy a khuk, it has subliminally given you instructions to do so. They pick their owners. The khuks would make fair first khuks for general purpose, but you might not like the overall length. IMO, a 15" blade would make a better 1st khuk, but that's just my opinion.

I think it would be an excellent first purchase. I rarely use my sheath, and you can use the karda and chakma from your your second purchase for this one if needed.

I have one and I'm tempted to get another. I'd personally grab # 2 only because Scara already grabbed # 4 the lightest.
BUT, all in good user weight range in my book.

Lets take a vote. I vote jonesy827 goes for it. Send Auntie an email.

Normally these days I have resisted the temptation to buy more just because of money, but Yek Chirras for that price... and yeah, I looked at the weights to find the lightest, than when I looked at the pictures for #4 it grabbed my hand and began typing an email to Auntie. It helps that I get free kydex sheaths made by a friend.

And Jonesy, I have never regretted buying a kukri.

I say get one. Especially at this price, it's a steal. I would be all over this but I'm forcing myself to wait for a Dui Chirra, unless the perfect Hanshee or Curved Spine comes along. But these are almost as cheap as a KLVUK w/sheath, easily as useful, and twice as purty. Plus I don't use the sheath my KLVUK came with anyways.

Also, don't forget about kydex sheaths. I've made one for almost every HI knife I've bought that I plan to carry, and would be willing to try my one with the YC. I know there are a few others that do kydex work professionally, but all I would charge is a bit of play-time with it ;)

Jonesy, you may like a khuk, but you don't pick it out. If you buy a khuk, it has subliminally given you instructions to do so. They pick their owners. The khuks would make fair first khuks for general purpose, but you might not like the overall length. IMO, a 15" blade would make a better 1st khuk, but that's just my opinion.

I mostly agree with Dr. Bookie on this however I don't think 18 is pushing the length limit for most purposes especially in this weight range. 18" might in fact be the line.

I'm quite frankly surprised he isn't getting one himself as I don't think he has a Yek. Seeing he has the second finest Thamar Curved Spine in the whole wide world (I have the first) I figured he'd be all over one of these.
Maybe he's tossing out decoys and gonna buy them all for hisself in stealth shark mode?

Good to see your post Mr. Bookie. Must be up from your nap?

PS- He is 100% spot on in that you don't pick the kukri, the kukri picks you. I know #4 picked me but we'll see who's house it ends up at.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I havent seen that much good stuff in one place since my first day of college:eek::eek::eek:
Wow! Look at that gold one! If i didnt have two already id pick up that gold one:thumbup:

I totally missed that. I amend my above frivolous comments. I think # 3 picked bawanna.

EMS on #3 'cause I like brass!

Got the DD!

Last edited:
Nice one Jack! I was already seeing that in some pugs brown fancy pants, tinder pocket and fire striker:thumbup: Dont even need a Karda with those Yeks. They are nice and pointy.

Ems # 2

I'm going to need to build a display panel like Bawanna. My HI kuks are spilling from my closet shelf.

Holy smokes! Late to the party. But, the ones speaking to me is 1,4,5. I see Scara snagged number 4. Nice snag there. These prices are so ooooh good. A Thamar Yek?! Unbelievable!

EMS and Done Deal on #2

Beautiful blade at the right length and weight. Can't wait to try it out.

Back