Death of a BK9: Resurected

I rolled the edge on a Brute years ago. Hacking into frozen live trees. I tend to learn things the hard way.

Hmmm....replaced, not really resurected...
I was hoping to see the busted one modified back to life!

Oh well..this isn't about me, so congrats on your success! Ka-Bar stands behind their product as ALWAYS!

Pics...or it didn't happen...

Good news guys !
Kabar sent me a new Bk9 !
Ethan Becker you rock
Thanks for the update and I'm happy that it was handled so well. I'm not a Beckerhead but own several and this confirms the quality of the products and the people behind them.

The second i saw this I imagined a recurve BK9 mod.

About three years ago a buddy and I went out into Laplata canyon (snow packed) and he didn't have a lanyard when chopping with his bk7, it flew out of his hand in about 3ft of snow, couldn't find it the whole time we were there. Came back next summer and found it finally. When we found it then it had a huge 1" 1/4 long and 1/4" deep chip out of the blade. Who knows how it happened, but we put a recurve in it, works pretty well.

About three years ago a buddy and I went out into Laplata canyon (snow packed) and he didn't have a lanyard when chopping with his bk7, it flew out of his hand in about 3ft of snow, couldn't find it the whole time we were there. Came back next summer and found it finally. When we found it then it had a huge 1" 1/4 long and 1/4" deep chip out of the blade. Who knows how it happened, but we put a recurve in it, works pretty well.

Pics! That sounds awesome!

Back