December Buck of the month BOTM - 500 Duke S30V, drop point, barehead, black linen micarta

Same. That is why this was a pass for me.
Thanks for the quantity.

That's a really nice knife. I think if it weren't for the holidays, and all the other cool knife releases, this would have sold out by now.

I've been sorta wanting an Onset and maybe a Paradigm auto.
I haven't purchased either of those because I keep getting wooed into other offerings.

😊

But then if I make a New Years Resolution to refrain from buying knives I don't need....
......that's only 2 weeks away.
🤔

I bought one a couple days ago. Shouldn’t have ordered, couldn’t afford it, but bought it anyway. I love the 500 and this one just kept calling my name.

I saw some great photos today from someone who just received one and those really got me pumped for mine to get here!

Got mine... Screaming sharp, excellent fit and finish, fine movement with satisfying "snap" open, closes a bit lightly with a small bounce back open 1/4 inch (hoping oil and use fixes this). Otherwise, this is truly an amazing knife! Feels high quality with smooth edges everywhere. Love the brushed stainless steel, barehead, and long nail nick.

Buck500CS-2.jpg

Got mine... Screaming sharp, excellent fit and finish, fine movement with satisfying "snap" open, closes a bit lightly with a small bounce back open 1/4 inch (hoping oil and use fixes this). Otherwise, this is truly an amazing knife! Feels high quality with smooth edges everywhere. Love the brushed stainless steel, barehead, and long nail nick.

View attachment 2427936

These pictures did me in! I made it this long but finally succumbed - One on order!

I received mine today and am extremely happy with it! 👍👍1702959787352.png

The edge grind is perfect and extremely sharp. The fit and finish is one of the best Buck knives that I have ever purchased since 1973! This thing is a work of beauty.

If I had one slight criticism, my linen micarta is finished kind of slippery. I would like it rougher.

View attachment 2430807
Mine showed up today. It had a little roll on the edge that took a couple minutes to sort out - no biggie.
The Micarta on my example has a really nice soft satin feel to it. The lack of a rear bolster changes the feel of the knife quite a bit compared to my regular production 500.
I waffled quite a bit on this one but in the end I’m real glad I got one.

I’m in love with it!

View attachment 2430807
Mine showed up today. It had a little roll on the edge that took a couple minutes to sort out - no biggie.
The Micarta on my example has a really nice soft satin feel to it. The lack of a rear bolster changes the feel of the knife quite a bit compared to my regular production 500.
I waffled quite a bit on this one but in the end I’m real glad I got one.

I’m in love with it!
I have just recently discovered Buck Knives this year. I look forward to the Buck of the Month each month. Not a single one of mine have been without some kind of flaw. Some I fix some I leave alone. I don’t mind the flaws anymore. I actually kind of expect them. As long as the functionality isn’t affected I just enjoy the hand finished made in America product. They have character! I did have one that I couldn’t believe made it out the door but Buck Customer Service made it right and did so quickly.

Back