December Buck of the month BOTM - 500 Duke S30V, drop point, barehead, black linen micarta

Arghhh!
I wish this would hurry up and sell out!!!

That long nail pull just looks so good on these, compared to the old 500 blade style.

I wonder if Buck intends to reintroduce the 500 with these recent BOTM profiles.
......I've heard rumors of a new 500 knife....

It wouldn't be the first time that a new knife was first seen as a BOTM.
And new releases are just months away...

🤔🤔🤔

Glad I didn't miss out on this one. Close call. It's been with me since and I don't see that changing. Fantastic knife.

20240204_124528.jpg

I finally received my December 2023 Buck of the Month! There was a typo in my address and the USPS had some real issues that caused them to hold onto the package for a couple of weeks before sending it back to Buck. In fact according to the USPS my knife is still on its way back to Buck.

Anyway, I am very pleased with Buck’s customer service and the knife in general. The fit and finish on my example is better than the custom knife I bought from them several years ago. The back spring is flush in both the closed position and the open position, something that I can’t say about a couple of my buck knives. The fit between the micarta and the bolster is excellent and the edge grind, something the Stealth Run #3 had issues with, is nearly perfect. The blade is almost perfectly centered, it favors the left side just a touch, something my custom shop 501 can’t say. It is just shy of touching the liner.

I am VERY pleased with this knife; thank you Buck Knives.

Back