Deer Hunting - essential knives

Deer time is coming soon - post any deer cleaning pictures you have with your favorite Buck Knife. OH

Me & Billy using Buck 118 knives.
Buck-118-Personal-at-work-10-27-17.jpg

118 finished working, on the gutpile.
Buck-118-gutpile-Trump-Buck-11-8-16.jpg

Buck 118 with two 150 grain 30-06 SPRG Core-Lokt bullets taken from a buck.
Buck-118-Personal-425-MOD-with-2-recovered-Corelokt-s-12-24-13.jpg

Buck 118 two-line at work.
Buck-118-Personal-Two-Line.jpg

st8yd st8yd your Buck 539 is a nice looking knife. Tell us about it, have you used it yet? How does it feel in hand? How long is it? That one is real interesting to me. OH

st8yd st8yd your Buck 539 is a nice looking knife. Tell us about it, have you used it yet? How does it feel in hand? How long is it? That one is real interesting to me. OH
I love it, it feels great, get it.
I have been using it for a few years now. From quail to deer.
When the factory sold the camo handled one out at $30 I regret not getting a couple.

Hopefully you gents will take some pictures of those Buck's cleaning a deer (or moose, or elk, or bear, or antelope) and post them in this thread. I love seeing hunting knives doing hunting knife business. OH

Cool stuff guys. :thumbsup:
Good luck hunting everyone.

I just remembered I once again gave away my 118. I need to start buying those in multiples. But everyone seems to agree how great a knife they are. Sorta surprised that there hasn't been any s30v, or s35v offerings in those lately. Especially considering how popular they are. If I had one of those I probably wouldn't give it away.....:rolleyes:
Those D2 stag ones are awesome. :cool:

My Buck 118 is my hands down favorite deer knife but I'm not exclusively wedded to only it. I'm too much of a knife-nut to only try one. Here are some other pictures of Bucks working on deer. Don't want to give the idea this thread is ONLY for the 118 - it is FOR ALL Buck Knives being used on deer (and other big game). OH

Buck 113
Skinning-doe-with-Buck-113-on-10-16-12.jpg

Buck 103
OSHC-10-18-19-skinning-with-Buck-103.jpg

Buck 110 (165 Hornady Bullet from 308 WIN).
OSHC-12-18-18-bullet-in-deer.jpg

Back