DEK1

looks less Edc’able than I imagined , quite a thick edge. Normally Lorien Lorien designs are a little less blocky. I imagine a leather sheath will cost a pretty penny. With all that said - I’ll take one. Lol.
While getting a selection of knives ready for Blade, they said, "Be there, or be square". This one didn't make it, so...

looks less Edc’able than I imagined , quite a thick edge. Normally Lorien Lorien designs are a little less blocky. I imagine a leather sheath will cost a pretty penny. With all that said - I’ll take one. Lol.
it's ergonomic for people whose hands are flat planes

20200116_140944.jpg

We have about settled on geometry that looks like this. It fits hands medium to large, accommodates the various grips that we want, and works well as both a weapon and a cutting tool for mid size everyday carry

It's actually a lot of work getting the handle just so. Seemingly minor details and small adjustments are important. We changed our modeling strategy for handles back with the HD FK which has allowed us a lot more creative control over every aspect of every point over the surfaces. We used to use variable section sweeps and conventional surface modeling with blends and rounds etc. But I'm using a seat of pro/engineer with interactive surface design extension that belong to the engineering firm where I used to work. This has high-end surface modeling tools used for plastic product design that really is a very cool tool when applied to handle optimization. rather than creating extrusions and sweeping shapes along trajectories you can create three-dimensional non-uniform rational b splines in space and knit them together into a smooth cohesive surface. The degree of control allows you to drive the design rather than the limitations of the design tool. it isn't exactly quick and it took a few thousand hours to get proficient at it but it works amazingly well at creating organic 3D shapes that are very specific and exact. This is a cool time to be alive.

It's actually a lot of work getting the handle just so. Seemingly minor details and small adjustments are important. We changed our modeling strategy for handles back with the HD FK which has allowed us a lot more creative control over every aspect of every point over the surfaces. We used to use variable section sweeps and conventional surface modeling with blends and rounds etc. But I'm using a seat of pro/engineer with interactive surface design extension that belong to the engineering firm where I used to work. This has high-end surface modeling tools used for plastic product design that really is a very cool tool when applied to handle optimization. rather than creating extrusions and sweeping shapes along trajectories you can create three-dimensional non-uniform rational b splines in space and knit them together into a smooth cohesive surface. The degree of control allows you to drive the design rather than the limitations of the design tool. it isn't exactly quick and it took a few thousand hours to get proficient at it but it works amazingly well at creating organic 3D shapes that are very specific and exact. This is a cool time to be alive.

View attachment 1266421

Back