DEK1

This knife is very beautifully finished. The stonewash is so deep and uniform and looks particularly striking. I really love how the DEK1 carries and lines up in various grip positions. Holding it gives me a sensation of ridiculous, confident, precise control over the entire edge down to the tip. And the edge seems even scarier than usual and has this fiendish glow. My knife might be haunted. It is absolutely a favorite already and so exceptional in every respect, I love it, great job on the design and the build!!!!!!
4A902912-1322-407C-9EE4-A2E165A28813.jpeg 799BCE46-9314-4166-95B1-E47DD7AFDFB9.jpeg EAB7BAF0-A9F1-4315-804A-7B3E12F61B3E.jpeg DDD69122-B54F-409A-B295-13DEBD683798.jpeg

That looks great, you think that would work on UN buffed burlap?
Yeah work as in, darken it and visually emphasize the texture a bit more. Mineral oil kinda dries out from micarta after a while, and you can rub it down with alcohol to really get rid of it too I think. So I don’t think you could do any permanent changes to your handles by oiling them.

This is my standard treatment on my favorite CPK handle material:D:thumbsup:
It is very badass handle material, I love how the lines of the fibers go straight up and down and add another layer of texture to the knife visually. Somehow it compliments the stonewash so perfectly. And it feels almost like terotuf.

I am planning on doing that with my unbuffed OG green scales when I receive mine but instead of mineral oil, I'll be using Obenauf.
Haha nice, green micarta handles represent! Obenaufs is gonna be pretty much a permanent treatment though I think, ren wax too.

It is very badass handle material, I love how the lines of the fibers go straight up and down and add another layer of texture to the knife visually. Somehow it compliments the stonewash so perfectly. And it feels almost like terotuf.

Haha nice, green micarta handles represent! Obenaufs is gonna be pretty much a permanent treatment though I think, ren wax too.

Yup, I may even gift them to you one day; say for your 40th... Just make sure that you make it that far 'coz they'll be worth it :D

The Obenaufs is one of my go to leather conditioners. I condition all my edges with this before burnishing them. That said I use it on my micarta handles often. It will darken the scales more than renwax. Also the treatment and darkening of Obenaufs lasts much longer, but does wear off. That mineral oil treatment sounds good. I’ll give that a try on one soon :)

Damn, the DEK looks sexy.

Has anyone started using and abusing the DEK yet? I wonder how it will hold up compared to the FK2. I noticed that the DEK is thinner than the FK2, but am curious how the DEK will handle batonning firewood, feather-sticking, and field dressing game.

Well I’m glad you asked. I’m glamping this week and spent some time comparing the two knives.

The FK2 was a little better at batoning wood. They both feather stick about the same and slice apples.

The FK2 seemed more comfortable while working, probably because of the grip. The DEK1 feels more secure in the hand.

Although I’m sure it is tough enough the thinner profile on the DEK1 made me more aware of large knots. It’s just not as robust.

Didn’t dress any game.

The DEK1 can do most if not all of the tasks the FK2 can do but my FK2 isn’t being replaced.

Two well designed and made knives with two different purposes that each fill a role for me.

Hope this helped.

Last edited:
Back