DEK1

how did you like the FK1 in comparison to the DEK1?
Fk1 is fairly comfy, but not like the Dek. It is more of a neutral feeling (which it seems a lot of people like), but I looove a locked in secure grip, when done right. The dek offers that.
If i were to rank handle comfort of what i've owned:

Dek1
Edc2
Hdfk
Fk2
Fk1
Uf

But that's just the handle
I loved the build of fk1 blade, similar to dek but a bit more stout. Though the Dek cuts extremely well.
I just like a bit more meat at the tip. That's what i'd love to see (hence my eagerness for the dek2).
But that's just me. I am pretty particular.
But overall, Dek1 ticks more boxes than any other knife so far.

Thanks a whole bunch CPK crew!!! :) This puppy just arrived today and I'm totally stoked! Its the plain vanilla with slightly blued titanium fasteners, which they came out perfectly btw! You know when you pick up a knife and it just melts into your hand/grip and you say to yourself, "this is definitely a keeper"!!! It's my favorite CPK to date. And to think i was on the edge for quite sometime. Sometimes reading all the posts and stuff still doesn't help and can possibly lead one astray.
Anyways, appreciate CPK and all those who contribute here.

View attachment 1623601

Thanks a whole bunch CPK crew!!! :) This puppy just arrived today and I'm totally stoked! Its the plain vanilla with slightly blued titanium fasteners, which they came out perfectly btw! You know when you pick up a knife and it just melts into your hand/grip and you say to yourself, "this is definitely a keeper"!!! It's my favorite CPK to date. And to think i was on the edge for quite sometime. Sometimes reading all the posts and stuff still doesn't help and can possibly lead one astray.
Anyways, appreciate CPK and all those who contribute here.

View attachment 1623601

Gorgeous knife! I love my DEK1 also. Are those Double Black Canvas Micarta scales?

Why thank you! I can see why too. They are just the black canvas scales.

They look just like my Double Black Canvas scales. I just asked because lighting sometimes make them look a little different. Try the Unbuffed Black Micarta scales sometime if you get the chance. I think that they are beautiful. And they are my favorite scales next to the wood scales.

UBMBLUH-1a.jpg

Those are some sweet scaled there. I like the grainy look alot. Mine are the unbuffed black canvas micarta scales. Do they look different than ordinary? :)

Yeah, the flash from my camera makes them look a little brighter than what they actually look like. Your scales look exactly like my Double Black Canvas scales. I put mine on my DEK1 right after I saw your photo. They are pretty!

s0qvfbi.jpg

Back