Delivery time

Tracking # for Pinkkeye M-43
9114 9011 5981 8557 5588 26

Let me know when parecel arrives

Tracking # for Pinkkeye M-43
9114 9011 5981 8557 5588 26

Let me know when parecel arrives

the number that was emailed to me didn't work, but this one does; but it looks like bad news.

hmm, says "undeliverable as addressed" ..It appears that it was in my zip code on the 22nd, but now its not in my zip code anymore. They sent it somewhere. Now i'm kinda worried. I guess i should call the post office?? Any advice anyone??

..unless i'm reading the page wrong.

EDIT: I just found out that a post office in the tracking no. is 2 blocks away, lol. They couldn't find me and it was definitely shipped across town.

No notice was left, no matter what their website claims.

EDIT 2: Well, this is special. I tried to fill out an online form to just go pick it up, but I need a date on a re-delivery notice that never arrived to complete the form.

If it arrived on Saturday at the Post Office, be advised that they will return it back to Reno if one more week passes. They might not attempt redelivery.

..it did. looks like it got here a week ago, and now its off again. I think it went back to the main post office to get sent back to reno. I've been home everyday waiting for the mail, and it looks like they didn't even try.

EDIT 3: Well, I made up a date for the online form and hopefully they will hold it at the main post office in the city. I just wish that they were open tomarrow. We'll see how it goes on Monday i guess.

Last edited:
Got my fingers crossed for you Pinkeye! Hopefully the post office isn't about to Moon (w) You and send it back without delivering. Can you tell why they think it is undeliverable? What exactly do they think is wrong with the address? Here is hoping you get it successfully tomorrow.

Shavru, they didn't send it back yet, I still have a few days to claim it. Hopefully tomorrow my friend gets to the bottom of this, the tracking website just gives me the info that I asked redelivery to be made Nov 26 and nothing afterwards. So hopefully they still have the package...

Got my fingers crossed for you Pinkeye! Hopefully the post office isn't about to Moon (w) You and send it back without delivering. Can you tell why they think it is undeliverable? What exactly do they think is wrong with the address? Here is hoping you get it successfully tomorrow.

The mailmen that come around my area are just worthless. They drop stuff off in the wrong box all the time (apartment building); i just got a sears mastercard credit report requested by one of my neighbors. ...It has *alllllllll their account info on it ...entire credit card number and everything. If i were a more unscrupulous person i could've put the guy even further in debt.

I really thought that since a large box with a giant knife can't be put in a mailbox that they'd be forced to pay more attention. ....I work at a shipping company and i know full well that large boxes often just sit around this time of year when the delivery guy just doesn't want to deal with more big boxes.

..and now that i think about it i saw the mail man drive off with a m43 sized brown box in his the back of his hatchback the other day. Who knows if it was, but I wish i'd of ran him down.

Last edited:
Welll, I went to the post office to complain after more bad mail.

1. My regular mailman retired a week ago ...just before i ordered my m43; so i've had replacements that didn't even sort their parcels for delivery.
2. They blamed it on an "unreadable address" ..who knows what that really means.
3. I talked to my mailman face to face about getting other peoples credit reports. I think he'll pay more attention now. ....or i'll never get my mail again, one or the other.

... this is one of those things about basic services in a first world country that really pisses me off ..just like the healthcare i don't receive.

-Let my experience be a warning, always get a tracking number from Auntie right off the bat.

EDIT: its back off to reno, round the merry-go-round we go (my m43 is better traveled than i am)

Last edited:
Wow, unreadable address. Let me guess, by the time it got thrown in all those mail bags where it was probably drug through mud and snow and piled under everything else even the items that weigh 80lbs or more before being returned to the post office for another "attempt" some other day, the box was so badly damaged (by these same postal employees) that they can legitimately claim they can no longer read it. However the question remains... will you be getting the box or is it destined to be returned to Auntie in Reno? Oh, and is the one you talked to now your permanent mail person or just another replacement that will be moving on soon?

If I had to guess on 3. Since the primary complaint was about getting other people's mail. The easiest way to resolve that is to never put another item in your mailbox again so... I am going with that as the answer to 3. you will never get your (or anyone else's) mail again :D

Seriously I hope that they actually pay attention and you get the mail service you and everyone should be able to expect where your letters and boxes are delivered to you in a timely manner and your neighbor's are delivered to them.

In my case, the notification that was *supposedly* left on the 22nd, appeared in the mail as out of thin air (it wasn't there when they claimed they put it in). So it seems the package is still at the Post Office :). Hopefully a visit tomorrow at the Office will get me the package :).

Update: the Post Office managed to locate the package and my friend was able to get it!

Sorry to hear about your experience, Pinkeye, I only now saw the edit. Hopefully everything works out well in the end.

Great news Moonw. Now that your friend has it, you are back on plan for getting it yourself :D Can't wait for your review once you actually have it in your own hands.

Thanks, I might have someone bring it tome from Chicago sooner than I'd be able to make the trip myself. I'll see how this plays out.

Hi to everybody.I have done and payed in full for my order+shipping in about 10th.of September and still,even after more than 3 months,this has not been shipped.Very disapointed with this sort of service.In the meantime,i have ordered also with another manufacturer of genuine Nepalese company,who does excellent job,craftsmanship,and however this is very well known and busy company,it took during pre-christmas peak time,two and half weeks to make the order including shipping from Nepal to Europe-which took exactly 3 days.

if you were serious you would have contacted yangdu or karda who respond to people sometimes within hours of posting, I do not for one minute believe that HI ignored you or gave you poor service, I highly doubt you ever made an order at all with this kind of talk.

but have no worries HI is doing better than ever, and legions of loyal and devoted fans will remain as such despite misguided attempts to besmirch the integrity of this great company and these great people.

I have never had a problem with HI, and I have over 26 knives from them. I have blems, non blems, villagers, full polished, and customs. I have waited as long as 6 months for a custom, or even one from regular stock. Sometimes HI is short on stock, and the blades are made in batches, so, even a blade from the store can take an extended time. I myself, am waiting right now, on 2 special items, since August, I understand the need for patience, and I also know that my patience will be rewarded with an exceptional blade. I just received my Crow knife, and it is absolutely exceptional! Did I wait over 3 months? Absolutely. Am I glad, nope, I am ecstatic, NO one makes a blade like HI.

Send an email to himimp@aol.com, if you indeed have an order in process, auntie will respond with a tracking number, or an explanation as to any delays in your order. If you are trying to disparage HI on this forum, that isn't suggested, because we all back HI, and it's sterling reputation.

if you were serious you would have contacted yangdu or karda who respond to people sometimes within hours of posting, I do not for one minute believe that HI ignored you or gave you poor service, I highly doubt you ever made an order at all with this kind of talk.

but have no worries HI is doing better than ever, and legions of loyal and devoted fans will remain as such despite misguided attempts to besmirch the integrity of this great company and these great people.

I have no time for any sort of hostile fanatics in here towards me,insulting and attacking me this way....I am first time customer to Himalayan Imports and placed the order,because i believed it was worth it.....Besides,you Mr.Gehazi do not know me,,,,and this sort of fanatical attitude will drive new potential customer and other people away from buying products here.I have only and purely stated here,very relevant answer to topic-"delivery time"-and stated fact,that i am waiting for my order which i payed in full-more than three months ago.I did not mention if,or how many times i have contacted Himalayan Imports in regards of my order,(for your information i did few times),,,,and will not reveal here any other informstions,as it is private and confident matter and not for public forum.I do have number of order and your attacks on my credibility are insulting to me.I did not made any other coments,apart of fact of my disapointment with waiting period and i believe,anyone else would not be very happy with such extensive waiting time either.However,i still believe in HI products quality and somehow still worth to wait...

Seriousblade - what has auntie generally told you concerning the delay? If you share that information, perhaps we'd be able to help, or to explain possible delays from our own experiences. Is this a CONUS shipping destination? Is there an customs issues? Custom order? Etc....

Did you even contact Ms Martino or Karda?

Yes Mr.Gurkha,i did,i believe order will be shipped soon according HI.Under any circumstances i do not wish to disrupt any fans of HI,or present here on HI forum any other company (i do show enough courtessy,as will not present name of any would be competition) as myself appreciate a lot every craftsmen and in this case Nepalese Kamis,(regardless of company) who put amazing effort into art of making knifes this traditional way.I believe HI is making really excellent blades,backed up by many happy customers....(for those,who may have any wrong impression here,from what i expressed)

Back