Derrick Bohn has passed away

That’s terrible. I never met him but talked to him on the phone once. Very nice gentleman.
He sent me a hand written Christmas card last year. When I received it I remember telling my wife,
“Wow, talking about above and beyond.”

My most sincere condolences to his family.

Last edited:
He was always very nice when I interacted with him. This makes me sad. :(

He was certainly one of the “good guys.” Another reminder that it is all fleeting, uncertain, and with tomorrow promised to none of us. Derrick seems to have lived his life with that understanding and as a consequence leaves behind heartbroken family and friends. It’s at once the saddest and greatest legacy. RIP

Prayers sent for the family on this sad day.
I enjoy getting the emails and watching his announcements. He will be missed.

I got a handwritten Christmas card from him this year. I remember thinking how dedicated and down to earth someone has to be to write that many Christmas cards.

He will be missed.

I got a handwritten Christmas card from him this year. I remember thinking how dedicated and down to earth someone has to be to write that many Christmas cards.

He will be missed.
Me too this is terrible news .

Respect. Rip.

Reminds us any of us can go at any time.

Condolences for his family.

A fine member of our community and from all I can tell, a fine man. May he rest in his eternal reward.

Oh no, life just isn’t fair sometimes. Terrible, terrible news. Bless his family.

Condolences to his family and friends, by all accounts a great guy.

Saw this on Facebook as well! Such incredibly sad news. Derrick and KSF were both instrumental in my beginning and continued passion for knives. Though I never had a chance to meet him I feel so very much like I knew him in one way or another. The community lost a major player in Derrick. He will be
missed, by me and countless other. RIP, Derrick.

I’ve bought several knives from Derrick one of the best in the business. He’s going to be missed by many

Back