Design the next David Mary Custom knife! - Gooeytek is the winner of the Give Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final entry.

View attachment 2251164

What a fun idea this was. Thanks so much!

I’m a sucker for contoured wood or brown micarta, glued and pinned with brass. I don’t know why. I guess it’s kind of like a gold-ring Leupold on figured walnut for me.

This is sick.

Thank you!

In retrospect, I think the belly is in the wrong place, but that’s only the first thing that jumps out at me now. I don’t really use fixed blade knives so I think I drew a form > function monstrosity by accident. 😅
I don’t know - I think it’s a very cool and unique look just as it is. Not to mention a very skilled rendering!

Last edited:
I don’t know - I think it’s a very cool and unique look just as it is. Not to mention a very skilled rendering!
Thank you!

I think my inner child came out. I was really lucky to attend a high school that had a full machine shop, weld shop, foundry, and forge. I forged a leaf-shaped dagger complete with hammered-in bevels but never hardened it. It’s long gone. One of the funnest things I ever did. This exercise transported me right back to high school. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back