Desperados Waiting for a Train

The mail lady came by early today, so of course nobody was home to sign for the box. :rolleyes: Had she come at the usual time, my wife would have been home. Argh! After work, I took the "missed you" slip over to the PO, arriving at about 5:30, surprisingly no line either.

The clerk says I can't retrieve the box until tomorrow. "Yeah, I know that's what it says" I say, "But the mail lady came early today, and I bet she's back by now, so if you wouldn't mind, would you please go check?" He grumbles, and I say, "Please?" again, so he huffs away to the back. 30 seconds later, he comes back with my box, acting all surprised that it was there, lol! o_O

Anyway, got back home as quick as I could, and opened the box like a kid in a candy shop. Hey, there's actually candy in here? Hmm, was that Kit-Kat already on the table from one of the kids? ;) :thumbsup: Took her outside, and snapped a few pics really quick in the fading light before attending to the 6" limb that broke off the Maple tree today and took out my gate post with it. :mad: (7-8" of heavy, wet snow overnight...)

Anyway, enough chit chat, here be dem money shotz! :p (I tried to get slightly different light in each of the first 3. Each image is consecutively bluer.)

IMG_4589.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg
IMG_4593.jpg

Those of you that didn't pick Bocote really, REALLY missed out!!! (ALL OF YOU! :p ;)) This wood looks absolutely FANTASTIC with the stacked leather, and I'm quite pleased with the blue denim micarta spacer as wel!!! :cool:

Once again, Mr. John Conner knocks it out of the park! :thumbsup: Thank you again my friend! :D

The mail lady came by early today, so of course nobody was home to sign for the box. :rolleyes: Had she come at the usual time, my wife would have been home. Argh! After work, I took the "missed you" slip over to the PO, arriving at about 5:30, surprisingly no line either.

The clerk says I can't retrieve the box until tomorrow. "Yeah, I know that's what it says" I say, "But the mail lady came early today, and I bet she's back by now, so if you wouldn't mind, would you please go check?" He grumbles, and I say, "Please?" again, so he huffs away to the back. 30 seconds later, he comes back with my box, acting all surprised that it was there, lol! o_O

Anyway, got back home as quick as I could, and opened the box like a kid in a candy shop. Hey, there's actually candy in here? Hmm, was that Kit-Kat already on the table from one of the kids? ;) :thumbsup: Took her outside, and snapped a few pics really quick in the fading light before attending to the 6" limb that broke off the Maple tree today and took out my gate post with it. :mad: (7-8" of heavy, wet snow overnight...)

Anyway, enough chit chat, here be dem money shotz! :p (I tried to get slightly different light in each of the first 3. Each image is consecutively bluer.)

View attachment 1219312

View attachment 1219313

View attachment 1219315

View attachment 1219314
View attachment 1219316

Those of you that didn't pick Bocote really, REALLY missed out!!! (ALL OF YOU! :p ;)) This wood looks absolutely FANTASTIC with the stacked leather, and I'm quite pleased with the blue denim micarta spacer as wel!!! :cool:

Once again, Mr. John Conner knocks it out of the park! :thumbsup: Thank you again my friend! :D
Freaking sweet.
The mail folks are barely warm-blooded and breathing. I can see their "next" attitude if it were a big city with a long line, but in an empty lobby? C'mon folks. Work for cripes sake.
That bocote is handsome as hell! Tomorrow I get mine :cool:

95FHEul.jpg

4btxzwm.jpg

:cool: Schexxxy.

I'll try to get some better shots when (if) the sun ever comes out of hiding.

View attachment 1219312

View attachment 1219313

View attachment 1219315

View attachment 1219314
View attachment 1219316

Congratulations, Jared! They are such cool little dudes!
That said, once you go blackwood...
This!^^^:D:thumbsup:
95FHEul.jpg

4btxzwm.jpg

:cool: Schexxxy.

I'll try to get some better shots when (if) the sun ever comes out of hiding.
Nice shots, Chris!! A good way to end the week!

Still crappy shots, hopefully get out of the house and get some better foto's this weekend.

The Serrano and What Not.
SerWhat2.jpg

It's SERRANO Day!

Serrano Day! by D P, on Flickr

Serrano Delivered! by D P, on Flickr

I'm very pleased, John!
My first Readmeadow and really, really happy!
The proportions and blade profile are spot-on.
I tried it in right handed regular carry...

Serrano Regular by D P, on Flickr

Then cross-draw, which I prefer as it's still a bit stiff in the sheath.
(Added a thong and bead)

Serrano Cross by D P, on Flickr

Here's the Serrano compared to a few of my other fixed blades.
They all have about the same blade length, but the Serrano has the best, most usable handle.

IMGP0624 by D P, on Flickr

IMGP0623 by D P, on Flickr

IMGP0620 by D P, on Flickr

It took 8 months and l have to say it's probably the best fixed blade in my collection.
Well done Readmeadow, well done!
Thank you,. Don

Better pics of John's favorite kiddo... (oh wait, I weren't s'posed to tell y'all that ;) :p)

IMG_4637.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4639.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

The natural light (without the excessive blue from the snow) really shows the real colors in this knife. You guys really missed out on this Bocote.

Today is my first day off this week. I overslept and feel as if I ran three marathons, two triathalons and a mountain goat hunt last night.
After the Excedrin kicks in I should be able to hit the post oriface to pick up the Serrano. I can't tell you how excited I am to get this one.
Well, I probably could but you wouldn't want to hear it.

It's SERRANO Day!

Serrano Day! by D P, on Flickr

Serrano Delivered! by D P, on Flickr

I'm very pleased, John!
My first Readmeadow and really, really happy!
The proportions and blade profile are spot-on.
I tried it in right handed regular carry...

Serrano Regular by D P, on Flickr

Then cross-draw, which I prefer as it's still a bit stiff in the sheath.
(Added a thong and bead)

Serrano Cross by D P, on Flickr

Here's the Serrano compared to a few of my other fixed blades.
They all have about the same blade length, but the Serrano has the best, most usable handle.

IMGP0624 by D P, on Flickr

IMGP0623 by D P, on Flickr

IMGP0620 by D P, on Flickr

It took 8 months and l have to say it's probably the best fixed blade in my collection.
Well done Readmeadow, well done!
Thank you,. Don
Great choice on the blackwood and maroon. They look fantastic.

Back