Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

We had a light supper last night (soup and crackers), so later that evening I fixed myself a snack of Fuji apple and Dubliner cheese using my Rough Rider trapper.

38373913362_a280794e5f_b.jpg

(Sorry for the oversized pictures and the bad lighting)

Hi folks, i just wanted to give you guys a little update on my higonokami which i've bin trying to get a nice colorful patina on.
You can't really see it in the pictures but there's alot of blue patina which im really pleased about.
Also i've added a small pieace of eraser in the the handle so the blade wouldn't be hitting the back of the spine anymore.

BFnD0wc.jpg

mvUiBCm.jpg

LSX1J1V.jpg

Here are some better picture of my post above
(Again im sorry for the oversized pictures)

Dn5cXC0.jpg

EqBQa60.jpg

I was mounting a shoecabinet in my new house today.

The penblade of my GEC #66 Serpentine Jack opened small bags of screws and spins and the gluetape that held the whole package together. It is always kept razorsharp and did mighty fine on that task... as I expected.

The cabinet itself was PITA to handle as the instruction manual was... well it was crap and I had to play my imaginations... :D

Oh the weather outside is frightful. And fire on the Big Green Egg is so delightful....... My Cattle Knife working grilled T-bone disassembly.
20171220_175801.jpg

Did my traditional knife get a workout? Yep

Sk9oQUx.jpg

The last few leather projects are done for Christmas!!!!!

07ioMFV.jpg

f2T6618.jpg

QNG9Y8Q.jpg

5EhpTDg.jpg

neP36pK.jpg

7GCRae3.jpg

ZBMV7DC.jpg

tlTa6G7.jpg

The roundknife pictured cut all these projects out. Started these Friday and they are done and shipped. Its snowing sideways here in Tehachapi Ca., I'm going to Cancun. No just kidding. Merry Christmas to all here on the porch!

My wife has a couple of very good cranberry relish recipes, but every once in a while we have my childhood favorite -- jellied cranberry sauce in a can. I ran the can opener around the lid but, of course, the stuff doesn't want to come out. We used to just puncture the bottom with the can opener, but now the can has a formed bottom and you can't do that. Now, where is the ice pick? Haven't seen that thing in years. What to use? Hmmmm... Oh, I know -- Buck 110! A couple of stabs and out it slides. :D

Back