Disappointed

I always got the blades I wanted on the first try. I do believe in what Uncle Bill said - your blade will find you.

Blessings,

Keno

Dont give up that easy man! These Khuks are worth it! Sometimes the feeding frenzies of the Sharks can be insane, but keep trying!

There is no favoritism here, you just have to be quick. Have an email already prepared with your info in it and just copy and paste the Khuk you want into the subject and body. That way you can be quick enough to become a Shark yourself!!

I have been in within a minute after DOTD's have been posted and tried to buy one (three on one occasion -- got two out of the three) and missed the knife I wanted. But I have also noticed on those occasions that there were always at least three people viewing the thread -- less than a minute after it was posted. Three minutes after it was posted?? Just wait until you are in there SECONDS after it was posted and still miss it, feel what it feels like, and then go kick your dog, punch a hole in your bedroom door, let out a primal scream, or whatever other politically incorrect behavior gets your rocks off. But also realize that this is where the "juice" comes from. And it's what makes it so sweet when you are first.

James

then go kick your dog, punch a hole in your bedroom door, let out a primal scream, or whatever other politically incorrect behavior gets your rocks off. But also realize that this is where the "juice" comes from. And it's what makes it so sweet when you are first.

James

This is a classic line.....:D :D :D :thumbup:

Really, once you get you're first khuk you'll realize why you got beat that quickly. There are usually 40 or so of us hanging out in the afternoon waiting for blood in the water. We have the e-mail message all filled out. Ready in an instant to paste in our favorite blade and hit send. If you keep trying you'll get one.

But don't go blaming Yangdu for anything. We're a little protective of our favorite aunt around here.

Hey I live in the other side of the world and I'd used to stay up until 4 am in the morning for the DOTD and I'd emailed within 2 minutes and I'd missed too. *shugs* Need a stronger bladder. :D

Ain't for a second disagreeing with any of y'all that Chuck's post pretty much stank. But, I'm not ready to draw conclusions about anybody based on one post. Chuck, you should not be surprised that your negative post met with a negative response. But, if you are serious about wanting to figure out how to snag a DOTD (I miss out on 'em all the time, participating in the mad scramble is half the fun) there's folks here that will help you do that.

Let's not match Chuck's bad first impression with a bad first impression of ourselves. Chuck, the door is still open, and one thing I can guarantee you hoss, here you will get every bit as good as you give.

Sarge

I've been lurking on this list for the last 6 months or so and have enjoyed the information I've gotten. I particularly enjoy the DOTDs but always seem too late to get in on them.

If this is an open forum, all I ask is to be treated equally. If this is a private buyers club, then I'm obviously in the wrong place.

Thanks for the information I've gotten, but I think I'll forgo buying from this forum.

...Chuck Darney

Chuck,

You are obviously a sharklett. Did you read the sticky on ordering at the top of the forum? Anyway, this is how I scored in the past. Draft an e-mail directly to Yangdu beforehand and drop your choice in the blank and send it off using your regular e-mail opened in another browser. I use a free Yahoo account and collected 30+ DOTDs in a year.

Yangdu email: himimp@aol.com

Yangdu,

I would like the following:

I will be paying by Paypal.

Thanks,
Chuck Darney
1234 Shark Lane
Yum yum, NY 98765-4321

Home phone: (888) 123-4567
aka cdarney in forums

Get it right or Uncle Bill will have to come down and kick you tail!:D

Chuck,
First of all, welcome.

There's a sticky at the top that tells how to order. It's here
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198282

Basically send an email to Yangdu at himimp@aol.com telling her,
1. Exactly what you want to buy.
2. How you will pay, paypal or credit card.
3. Your real name, and shipping address.

Sending an email through the forum may cause delays. I don't know what mechanism is used to send those emails. You're better off sending an email directly from your email program.
I'm no internet guru, but Bladeforums seems to be posted on more than one server. There seem to be slight delays in how threads are refreshed. Were talking 2 or 3 minutes. Thats enough to miss out.

Some folks have an email already composed and cut and paste the description into it and fire it off. Thats the fastest way.

Or you can go to the HI store http://www.himalayan-imports.com/ Just pick out what you want at your leisure.

Yangdu's deals are a gift to us. She's not required to post them.

Now I said welcome, and I mean it. But I've got a low tolerance for whiners. I realize that someone can be having a bad day, and fire off a post before you think about it. Heck, I've done it myself. So if you can suck it up and be a man, hang around and try again.

Otherwise.....

Steve

Sarge, you are right on.

I've scored many deals myself and missed many many more.
I don't belong to any inner circles, so I doubt my scores were due to anything else than just the pure luck of being the first to e-mail for a given knife.

OK Chuck, here's a little help. First, do not email through the forum site. Use either Yahoo, your internet service provider, or your brouser site to create a draft email message directly to "himimp@aol.com". In the draft message leave space for the deal of the day [DOTD] date, and description [ie. 18" 28 oz. AK with Chandon wood handle]. Information you need to have already in place in the message is how you intend to pay for the khukuri, [ie. paypal, personal check, or credit card (VISA, Mastercard) to be used on the HI website shop. If you intend to use a credit card, go to the HI website and get familiar with the shopping pages. you will use them to pay for an item of the same value. You can use either one or several items to arrive at this amount. If you cannot come to an exact amount equal to the DOTD price, then find a combination that is as close as you can find but over the DOTD price. Use the comments section to specify that this is a payment for a forum DOTD and not to ship the shop site item(s) listed. Also include in the email message [not the shopping site comments section] your name, address to where you want the khukuri to be shipped [full address, number, street name, city, state, and zip code], phone number where you can be reached in the next two hours, and your email address where you can receive Yangdu's reply without getting your ass in a sling. Do remember to SAVE this prepared message in your email's draft section. Then, create a seperate tab in your open brouser set to this draft message and have it ready when you go sharking on the HI forum. This way when you are lurking on the furum shark waiting for the next DOTD's to show [oh yes, using a split screen to show both the forum and the draft email at the same time] you can immediately copy and paste the pertinent information [DOTD date and khukuri description] from the forum to the draft email message and click on the send button. And, woohoo, you've done the best that you can do, good luck.:D

"Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it." - Eliza Tabor

OK Chuck, here's a little help. First, do not email through the forum site. Use either Yahoo, your internet service provider, or your brouser site to create a draft email message directly to "himimp@aol.com". In the draft message leave space for the deal of the day [DOTD] date, and description [ie. 18" 28 oz. AK with Chandon wood handle]. Information you need to have already in place in the message is how you intend to pay for the khukuri, [ie. paypal, personal check, or credit card (VISA, Mastercard) to be used on the HI website shop. If you intend to use a credit card, go to the HI website and get familiar with the shopping pages. you will use them to pay for an item of the same value. You can use either one or several items to arrive at this amount. If you cannot come to an exact amount equal to the DOTD price, then find a combination that is as close as you can find but over the DOTD price. Use the comments section to specify that this is a payment for a forum DOTD and not to ship the shop site item(s) listed. Also include in the email message [not the shopping site comments section] your name, address to where you want the khukuri to be shipped [full address, number, street name, city, state, and zip code], phone number where you can be reached in the next two hours, and your email address where you can receive Yangdu's reply without getting your ass in a sling. Do remember to SAVE this prepared message in your email's draft section. Then, create a seperate tab in your open brouser set to this draft message and have it ready when you go sharking on the HI forum. This way when you are lurking on the furum shark waiting for the next DOTD's to show [oh yes, using a split screen to show both the forum and the draft email at the same time] you can immediately copy and paste the pertinent information [DOTD date and khukuri description] from the forum to the draft email message and click on the send button. And, woohoo, you've done the best that you can do, good luck.:D

You sharkie you ! And I can name the other 2. :D.

Have fun Chunk you'll get get your khuk which belongs to you ! :thumbup:

Chuck,
I gotta agree with Andy on this one...There are people here that have been sharking for YEARS!!! They are very good at what they do so let's not whine mmmm k?

Deal with it bro...Khuks can make you go mad bro they really can...I even talk to mine

Late at nite I will quietly sit in the dark and lightly carress my Neem Kerambit and whisper...My preciousssssssssssssssss

But I digress

I have missed out on something that I wanted bad enough to slaughter a busload of kittens to get BY SECONDS!!! <~~Dick (I think?) got my bowie!

There is no "inner circle" here when it comes to $$$ and DOTD...They are faster than you are

There IS an ELITE though...Some of us have HI Kerambit's (ME!) and some dont (ANDY!) ;)

I a gree with Andy here, ... it took me quite some time before having the kuks that I was interested in; I don't think that blaming Yangdu for that or implying things about this forum will change anything to the situation; you would really be amazed about how fast some of those guys are when those DOTD pop up,

now get back in the swimming pool little fishy fish and learn to deal with those big sharks around :)

I think that just about everything in my collection, I missed the first few times around. I had a damned good game, too.

There will be more. You'll get yours sooner or later. If you simply can't wait, ordering from the website is always a sure thing. I'd recommend sending Yangdu an email (and not via the forum's emailer, which is...erm...iffy) asking about it. Who knows? She may have a second one.

I understand your frustration with what's essentially a very chaotic system. However:

- There is no secret group of preferred buyers. (Except for Shann.)
- Levelling accusations at an entire forum is not a recommended method of making a good first impression on them. Just sayin'.

Enjoy your stay and keep your eyes peeled -- your khukuri will find you.

even as we speak, the waters churn, the sharks agitated, flare their fins & arch their backs...

Hey, where were all of these helpful hints when I first came along?! Just think of all the blades I could have by now if I had gotten these tips at the get-go! I am so disappointed! ;)

Eric

Y'all mean that Yangdu doesn't email you early in the morning with what will be available and the exact time of the DOTD?

I'm the only one? :)

Eric.

p.s. Today's will be at 3:35pm CT

Back