Disassembly pics?

Svord peasant, pretty easy, love the simplicity, it's beyond easy to clean.

hAnsyef.jpg

GB2. Should have taken it apart much sooner. Needed some tlc. Added some Sharp Dressed Knives scales after the cleaning.
That's very interesting! My GB2 looked almost identical to yours my first time disassembling it. I couldn't get all of the pitting out, so I just patina'd the liners and standoffs to match my patina'd blade after getting all of the active rust off.
I had never had liners corrode on me like that before.
20200910_142851~2_resize_1.jpg

That's very interesting! My GB2 looked almost identical to yours my first time disassembling it. I couldn't get all of the pitting out, so I just patina'd the liners and standoffs to match my patina'd blade after getting all of the active rust off.
I had never had liners corrode on me like that before.

What did you use to force the patina on it? Yours looks really good!

My gorgeous CPK U/F in D3V steel. I removed the Black & Red Linen Micarta scales to install the nice ECAM scales that I scored from one of our BF brothers. I protected the scale on the right (non-signature side of the blade) with Kapton tape, with the tape removed at the screw holes. They are held into the pins with Blue Loctite. The screws on the left (signature side of the blade) are held into the pins with Red Loctite.
Then I heated the screws on the non-signature side with Blue Loctite up one at a time with my Hot Air Rework Station at 250°C and 51% air for 12 seconds using my curved 3mm tip. The screws came right out without too much of a fight. I tried 10 seconds first, but the screw fought me a little more than I liked. But 12 seconds loosened the blue Loctite a little more and worked well enough.

CPK Scale Removal-2a.jpg CPK Scale Removal-5a.jpg

Got a few folders back from having some ano work done by a buddy. As time allows i will post them here upon reassembly.

First up is the Reate Hills which had the flats and the clip polished then done in a blue with hints of purple. The edges around the flats remain the factory finish on the Ti and have a matte look. Quite a contrast between the two and illustrates the extra effort is worth it imo.
CA112DD3-608F-4BAE-A284-DEADDAB93BCA.jpeg 6CE8AAB9-4BBE-4AD9-8ADC-7256B93EF2B9.jpeg 43C84776-A70F-4645-A69E-B46E4B787BE0.jpeg

Attachments

• A6661F83-AA6C-467B-B7B4-094A9B177A27.jpeg
    A6661F83-AA6C-467B-B7B4-094A9B177A27.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 5
Back