Discontinued Spydies for 2020

I just received one ordered from KC. At just a nickel under 100$ was a no brainer for me, because my only other fixed blades are all CPKs ranging in 3 times the price and up! I needed something cheap to beat on in the kitchen and not care much if someone else also uses it. That said, only at this price point though and had I paid 200 for this like they used to be, or the price on BHQ, I'd be p*ssed! The handle scales are so thin that they are almost not there! And also that G10 is as smooth as a baby's bottom. If you are looking for a serious camping knife, look elsewhere but if someone like me, it still fills a niche :)

Same thoughts here just that I am afraid it will be too small/short for me. The only fixed blade I still keep is an ESEE 6. If the Bradley Bowie gets discontinued and discounted, I'd jump right away.

I called yesterday regrading the sweet deal on the Advocate and the Rep said it’s first gen and not the CQI pivot. Unless they are incorrect, but she sounded like she has answers this question several times. So, I was thinking that’s why it’s a great deal. Maybe these first gen are just not selling. But, still a sweet deal and still covered under warranty.

I called yesterday regrading the sweet deal on the Advocate and the Rep said it’s first gen and not the CQI pivot. Unless they are incorrect, but she sounded like she has answers this question several times. So, I was thinking that’s why it’s a great deal. Maybe these first gen are just not selling. But, still a sweet deal and still covered under warranty.

Keep in mind "covered under warranty" for a discontinued Spydie generally means not getting your knife fixed because they don't keep parts around and instead getting MSRP credit to use on spyderco.com. Not a bad deal if you get it on sale, but if you're looking to keep that model, it might not be for you.

What are you talking about, señor?

I bought one from KC @, or about, $155.00, and date code was: AR
I bought one from DLT @, or about, $169.00, and the date code was: AR
I bought one from BladeHQ @, or about, $150.00, and the date code was: AR

Up until the discontinued sale, I owned zero Advocates! So, who in the world told you that these were Gen. 1's?

A little background, on my schizophrenic Advocate purchases:

I bought one from KC, and I didn't know if it was the CQI version - and that's the reason why I bought only one, from KC. I wish that I had bought two, from KC, but they were OOS, when I realized that KC had the shizzle!

Then, DLT sends me a notice, that they have the Advocate priced at, or about, $169.00. I had some store credit, so I bought one, from DLT - I figured it was over, at that point.

But no, BHQ decides that they're going to put there's up for a buck fiddy, and that was too good, for me, to pass up! Should I buy another one? Nah, I best behave myself - at least try!

Again, all AR's!

Up until the discontinued sale, I owned zero Advocates! So, who in the world told you that these were Gen. 1's?

I bought one from KC, and I didn't know if it was the CQI version - and that's the reason why I bought only one, from KC. I wish that I had bought two, from KC, but they were OOS, when I realized that KC had the shizzle!

Then, DLT sends me a notice, that they have the Advocate priced at, or about, $169.00. I had some store credit, so I bought one, from DLT - I figured it was over, at that point.

But no, BHQ decides that they're going to put there's up for a buck fiddy, and that was too good, for me, to pass up! Should I buy another one? Nah, I best behave myself - at least try!

Again, all AR's!
I bought one a while back from DLT for full price. The grinds were uneven so I returned it. Didn't check the date code, but the bearings looked the same as my confirmed cqi advocate I already had. Couple days later the go on sale at KC. Scoop it up real fast. Date code BR and is perfect in all ways.

Moral of the story: I think they're all cqi now.

The hundred pacer is tempting... I really don’t have the use for it though.

Again, all AR's!
BHQ is who I called and as I said the rep
Could be incorrect. I was just sharing this info of what she told me. That is all amigo.

Keep in mind "covered under warranty" for a discontinued Spydie generally means not getting your knife fixed because they don't keep parts around and instead getting MSRP credit to use on spyderco.com. Not a bad deal if you get it on sale, but if you're looking to keep that model, it might not be for you.
Good point! That is very true and that happened to me with a discontinued Spyderco.

Can anyone confirm a clearance price advocate for BHQ and let up know if it is CQI?

The hundred pacer is tempting... I really don’t have the use for it though.
I just got one, and to be clear this thing is designed as a fighter. Doesn’t mean it won’t do excellent service as a utility cutting blade, but in hand, it is clear that the design philosophy was for a choked back grip (either forwards or reverse) to give it as much reach as possible.

I picked up a mantra 2. At first I hated the design but the more I look at it, it has really clean lines.

On KC's site, I went to look for a Salt of some sort but I just didn't warm up to the "mere" 41% off! However I found deeper dumpsters which I like to dive into and so far I've grabbed a Junction, a Cook knife and a Squarehead, none of which were even on my radar :confused:

I just luv the Squarehead; what a neat little bug! Been carrying it more than anything else for the past few :D

LjqnLKm.jpg

I got a Mantra 2. For the price I'm pleased but it's not a very good flipper and the lock up is very late. It carries well, lightweight and super easy in and out of pocket. Ergos are perfect for my medium hands.

Back