Discovery Channel has fired Cody Lundin

Lame. Cody and Dave were dual survivals best team. I hope they dont team joe up with someone else. . I liked the show but they are making it lame and over dramatic.

I agree, show went downhill after Dave Canterbury left, now with Cody Lundin leaving they might as well cancel the show.
Would be nice to see another network pick him up for another survival show....we will see

Guess I'd have to purchase cable to have an opinion....

Don't waste your time or money. I have enough regret with our family "needing" tv, and the costs involved. I miss the days of just having music.

Went four wheel driving with my old man the other day , as a passenger . I spent the day enjoying the scenery and the hoot of getting chucked around like a rag doll on the trails . We were in a convoy of about 17 other vehicles . My nephew came , he spent the entire day with his head in my old mans iPad , or on his Nintendo ds. I dunno why he even came if that's all he was gonna do. Point is kids these days don't seem to want to go out or do anything anymore , just bury their heads in social media, gaming or tv

Went four wheel driving with my old man the other day , as a passenger . I spent the day enjoying the scenery and the hoot of getting chucked around like a rag doll on the trails . We were in a convoy of about 17 other vehicles . My nephew came , he spent the entire day with his head in my old mans iPad , or on his Nintendo ds. I dunno why he even came if that's all he was gonna do. Point is kids these days don't seem to want to go out or do anything anymore , just bury their heads in social media, gaming or tv

New rule for next outing? No hand-held electronics in car.

The safety issues were concerning Cody's tendency to not wear foot coverings, and the hazards such behavior can have on the human foot.

The safety issues were concerning Cody's tendency to not wear foot coverings, and the hazards such behavior can have on the human foot.

Do you have a link? Its not that I don't believe you its just that I would like to read about it.

Whew - I'm glad to hear that it's because they were concerned about Cody's feet, and not because of all the ridiculous, unrealistic things that they were talking him into doing.

IMHO I think you're wrong about Cody's level of skill. Also did we watch the same show when Dave and Cody were on? It was entertainment. No one really depended on anyone. On a side note I also like Les but think Bear is a clown.

Go back and watch a few shows more shows. Cody was afraid of high places, water, etc.. On one show Dave had to swim across the river and pull Cody to the other side. Dave had to show him how to climb down hills, make it through caves, and a tone of things an "expert" would know how to do. Cody's thinkg was you don't have to eat while you lost and it showed that he had no experience collecting food. Very few shows did Cody provide anything. Dave had the classic Military training thought process...Make something happen. They go get food, water, and figure out how to get out of anything the military gets them in. He figured out how to get himself and Cody out of anything Discovery put them through.

Go back and watch a few shows more shows. Cody was afraid of high places, water, etc.. On one show Dave had to swim across the river and pull Cody to the other side. Dave had to show him how to climb down hills, make it through caves, and a tone of things an "expert" would know how to do. Cody's thinkg was you don't have to eat while you lost and it showed that he had no experience collecting food. Very few shows did Cody provide anything. Dave had the classic Military training thought process...Make something happen. They go get food, water, and figure out how to get out of anything the military gets them in. He figured out how to get himself and Cody out of anything Discovery put them through.

Eh this is getting Island of Doctor Moreau silly. :rolleyes: I did watch the shows and could come up with scripted examples of Cody helping Dave but the key word is scripted. You do understand these shows are NOT reality? I hope so. Also climbing down falls is stuipid. Period. End of story. Fighting killer bees for honey is stupid. Period. End of story. Self mutilation is stupid. Period. End of story. Stupid bone head moves if on the balls for your backside or probably any other time for that matter however as stated it was a TV show hence scripted. Classic military training doesn't mean acting like a goofy goober cuz Discovery says so. Betting that's at the heart of why Cody walked.

Eh this is getting Island of Doctor Moreau silly. :rolleyes: I did watch the shows and could come up with scripted examples of Cody helping Dave but the key word is scripted. You do understand these shows are NOT reality? I hope so. Also climbing down falls is stuipid. Period. End of story. Fighting killer bees for honey is stupid. Period. End of story. Self mutilation is stupid. Period. End of story. Stupid bone head moves if on the balls for your backside or probably any other time for that matter however as stated it was a TV show hence scripted. Classic military training doesn't mean acting like a goofy goober cuz Discovery says so. Betting that's at the heart of why Cody walked.

Well said Woods Walker

Back when I had cable I liked watching the different shows just to see the beautiful places they got to go to. I always thought how great it would be to have a helicopter drop me off (with my bow and camping gear) and take my time hunting until I was ready to hike out a sleep in a real bed.

Kind of off topic but I am a cord cutter as I dont subscribe to cable TV anymore. Just have a HD Antenna and Netflix, couldnt be any happier! Really enjoyed Dave & Cody much more than the Rex Kwon Do dude.

New Zealand (Season 1 Episode 2) it was Cody who swam a river and pulled Dave across.
Cody had to teach Dave how to make fire, over and over, and how to conserve resources.
Cody had to teach Dave that there were other sources of food to keep you going until you get something larger.
Cody had to teach Dave how to make decent shelter over and over.
Code had to teach Dave how to find water.
Not everyone is a mountain climber.

But then, it is just a scripted TV show. One episode (I think in Belize) you can tell part of the dialog was recorded in a studio.

C'mon y'all.... no matter what Dave or Joe did..... the not wearing shoes dumbass thing was much more of a safety issue than any of the stupid stunts the producers wanted to show Dave/ Joe doing. And I could only watch the " Cody Lundin fire making scenes" so often.
Anyone can make fire if they practice at home before they need to make fire..
Stupid ass show.... bring me more Les Stroud or Joel Lambert shows.

Back