Do I need help?

True story........

In 2008 I had to re-new my U.S. Visa as I was heading to Blade Show. I made an appointment at the U.S. consulate in Cape Town and headed down on the appointed day for the interview.

The Consul Officer who interviewed me asked me all the normal questions which went something like this:

Q: Are you single?
A: Yes

Q: how long are you going to be in the U.S.?
A: 21 days

Q: Purpose of visit? (I was dreading this question o_O)
A: Going to the Blade Show in Atlanta (at which point I produced printed copies of the Blade Show website and my travel info)

"Blade Show??" he says quizzically looking at the pictures somewhat disbelievingly. At which point I tell him my whole life history with knives and show him pictures on my phone........

"These knives........" he says "do they have something to do with you still being single........???"

At which point he breaks into huge laughter, we both have a chuckle and I got my Passport with my Visa a few days later.

I must confess I did spend the next few days thinking he may be onto something!😳🤣

Lol three pages! This place is great. Also for the record, I've had and sold a few and currently have a Kephart. Just don't have a knife-size gap to fill in the collection atm. I do have a bottomless knife shaped pit in my soul though...

Don't worry. They will come out of the woods to help you when you get stuck. Lol.
Idk I haven’t seen too many make it out of the shop . I’ve worked for JLR before and honestly don’t know how that company is still in business . Their reliability makes Jeep look like Toyotas

Very true! I don't disagree. I have a 2004 Discovery II with a new Turner Motorsport motor with top hat cylinder sleeves, an all new coolant system, an alternator, a starter, a lift, suspension parts, etc. If not for being rebuilt, I wouldn't trust it. They are unbeatable when they run. Lol.

Back