Do you believe, and more discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What supernatural thing/s do you believe exist and why do you believe they exist.

Do you think there is a purpose for your life other than the purpose you create yourself?

Do you think the universe was created and if yes do you think it was created for a reason ie does the universe have a purpose?

Do you even smatchet bro?

Please respect other's beliefs if you want to participate.

I believe that we are an insignificant scum that formed on an insignificant planet that is in an insignificant galaxy. All of which will eventually go away. Scientists estimate that 150-200 species of plant, insect, bird and mammal become extinct every 24 hours. Our turn will come and the effect on the universe will be zero, zip, nada.

I believe that we are an insignificant scum that formed on an insignificant planet that is in an insignificant galaxy. All of which will eventually go away. Scientists estimate that 150-200 species of plant, insect, bird and mammal become extinct every 24 hours. Our turn will come and the effect on the universe will be zero, zip, nada.

I struggle to believe that this constant fight against entropy could be for nothing.

I don't really have any better answer tho.

milkywaysample.png

Here is a picture of a few of the stars and galaxies that are visible from Earth. Many are a lot bigger than our galaxy. So, just how significant are we?

This an image from Hubble of a small segment of the universe.

Hubble-Telescope-captures-most-detailed-image-ever-of-nearby-galaxy.jpg

Last edited:
Like the song goes! I believe in Homicide ! .. There is a force that counters the Entropy or we would all be gone already and most likely wouldn’t have ever been.

Like the song goes! I believe in Homicide ! .. There is a force that counters the Entropy or we would all be gone already and most likely wouldn’t have ever been.

Why does there have to be a force?

You are a fluke of the universe.
You have no right to be here.
And whether you can hear it or not,
The universe is laughing behind your back.

“It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.”

milkywaysample.png

Here is a picture of a few of the stars and galaxies that are visible from Earth. Many are a lot bigger than our galaxy. So, just how significant are we?

This an image from Hubble of a small segment of the universe.

Hubble-Telescope-captures-most-detailed-image-ever-of-nearby-galaxy.jpg

I think you have unwittingly made a point that is precisely.the opposite of what you intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back