Does any one out there have any simmons hardware or keen kutter knives?

Here are four more Keen Kutters I got in a couple of days ago.
RIMG0800 by Dan Richert, on Flickr
RIMG0802 by Dan Richert, on Flickr
RIMG0803 by Dan Richert, on Flickr
RIMG0806 by Dan Richert, on Flickr
RIMG0807 by Dan Richert, on Flickr
RIMG0808 by Dan Richert, on Flickr
RIMG0809 by Dan Richert, on Flickr
RIMG0810 by Dan Richert, on Flickr

Top one is a K2623, 3 3/4" in length and was in the catalogs from 1924 and 1929. (all catalog dates from Sellen's book, Keen Kutter Pocket Knives) Second knife is a K2288, 3 1/2" in length and was in the catalogs from 1921 to 1934. Third knife is a K60466, 3 1/3" in length and was in the catalogs from 1912 to 1920. This one has seen quite a bit of use and is not in as good condition as the other three, still a good example of what I think is a fairly rare Keen Kutter. Last knife is a K1898 3/4, 5" in length and was in the catalogs from 1913 to 1942.
Dan

Wow, look at that bone! All 4 are just great! The stag lobster is fantastic! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Wonderful additions to your KK collection Dan! The bone and stag are beautiful and the blades all look very full. Congratulations on this treasure haul:thumbup: You get them all from the same source? Lloyd

thanks for the kind comments, Ramrodmb, Lloyd and Jake. Lloyd, my last 6 Keen Kutters are all from the same source. Galvanic1882 has been selling some very nice knives in the advertisements section over on the other forum the last few months.
Dan

Dan, ALL Fantastic knives!!! Stunning bone and super full blades. Duncan also bought from Mike and they arrived here as well before moving on to New Zealand. He bought three, a Keen Kutter, Henry Sears and a Valley Forge...like yours all are stunning knives:cool::thumbup:

Dan, as others stated all are great finds, very nice additions to your collection.

Nice additions, Dan, every one! But that Lobster is a flat out Killer!!

Thanks for the comments Paul, Augie, Charlie and Captain O. Todd, nice looking KK barlow, I like that light colored bone.
Dan

Interesting that this thread came up. I have been wondering about Keen Kutters for a while. They get my vote for best name.

Been wanting to get my first one, the old simmons ones get pricey pretty quick. Are the more modern ones worth getting?

2r2yqnm.jpg

KKBarlow12_zps78r2uers.jpg~original

KKBarlow11_zpstdwklaxn.jpg~original

292o46s.jpg

nz2lnc.jpg

245g7wz.jpg

xe2w6h.jpg

2ccqd1e.jpg

All beauties, Primble, but the clip main jack second from last made my heart flutter!

. . . . . I think I'm OK now. ;) Probably the nicest scout knife I've ever seen, too. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mr. Primble has been sighted!!:eek:

I hope we see more of you, Rob!
Very nice collection of KKs!!!

All beauties, Primble, but the clip main jack second from last made my heart flutter!

. . . . . I think I'm OK now. ;) Probably the nicest scout knife I've ever seen, too. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mr. Primble has been sighted!!:eek:

I hope we see more of you, Rob!
Very nice collection of KKs!!!

Thank you kindly Jeff and Charlie ! :thumbup::D - quite a lot of beautiful Keen Kutters in the thread !

Did someone say Keen Kutter? :eek: Oh My!! :eek: My friend from Kentucky has got them Keen Kutters!!! :D:thumbup:

I like the way that everytime this thread gets bumped, a few more Keen Kutters shake out. Very nice knives, Primble, especially that fancy bolstered barlow, that one is on my wish list.
Onojoe, some of the new Keen Kutters are made by Bear and Son which have a pretty good reputation for good quality?
Dan

Thanks Ron and Dan !

Not one to let anyone down, I find I must post a Keen or two!
Here you go Corey and Simmons!:rolleyes:

KeenHawkF.jpg

That might be my long lost knife ! :eek::eek::eek:

I lost one just like it last time I was up Vancouver way. :eek:

Thanks Ron and Dan !

That might be my long lost knife ! :eek::eek::eek:

I lost one just like it last time I was up Vancouver way. :eek:

It was just laying there on a park bench!!;) You should keep better track, Rob!:grumpy:
Ummm . . . .did I mention "Finders Keepers!!"??:D

Back