Does any one out there have any simmons hardware or keen kutter knives?

I know this is an older post but I thought I would leave this for those who know more about this one than I do. Haven't had much luck finding out about this knife. Was my grandfather's.

736aa4fcad1986c0d695c090b96ab329.jpg
99c68717914c035d950a7a8c97219ed0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidTn, very nice old Simmons knife. It would appear to most likely be a K44833, listed as 3 3/4" long? This is the only knife in Sellens book with that blade configuration, stag handle, ringed bolsters etc. Sellens says it was in the catalogs between 1905 and 1920. I have included the catalog page from the 1912 catalog which shows this knife in the bottom left corner of the page.
Dan
simmons-1912-no-776-iii by Dan Richert, on Flickr

I know this is an older post but I thought I would leave this for those who know more about this one than I do. Haven't had much luck finding out about this knife. Was my grandfather's.

99c68717914c035d950a7a8c97219ed0.jpg

That is one outstanding knife and even more so that it was your grandfathers :eek: Can we see a closeup shot of the tang stamp? I've not see this one.

MidTn, very nice old Simmons knife. It would appear to most likely be a K44833, listed as 3 3/4" long? This is the only knife in Sellens book with that blade configuration, stag handle, ringed bolsters etc. Sellens says it was in the catalogs between 1905 and 1920. I have included the catalog page from the 1912 catalog which shows this knife in the bottom left corner of the page.
Dan
simmons-1912-no-776-iii by Dan Richert, on Flickr

Thanks Dan. Most information I have seen yet. My favorite. If it could only talk!

That is one outstanding knife and even more so that it was your grandfathers :eek: Can we see a closeup shot of the tang stamp? I've not see this one.

Thank you. Not with the knife at the moment but I will try when I get home. Ec Simmons St. Louis is what is it says.

Thank you. Not with the knife at the moment but I will try when I get home. Ec Simmons St. Louis is what is it says.

It just does not look like E. C. in your picture; the reason I ask :confused: Thanks in advance.

You can often see more of the tang stamp with the blade in the half open position. That's some rich stag! $2 apiece isn't a bad price, but a Colt Peacemaker at the time was around $15, so they weren't cheap knives.

Very nice knife, Paul. Great bone, rattail bolster and saber clip master. Blades look fairly full. I remember seeing that one posted somewhere else, but can't remember where or find it. Thanks for also putting it into this Keen Kutter thread.
Dan

Please excuse poor pictures. Taken indoors. Thanks for everyone's help today. Much appreciated.

4644ac6594e5b6bf3e2fe7b70f8c3c5c.jpg
22b7cbd974a9880ebfea05db202ed66d.jpg

Very nice old barlow with a lot of character! I think it is likely a 1881 3/4, which Sellens says was in the catalogs between 1917 through to 1938. I have attached a photo of the listing from a 1930 catalog reprint. Thanks for bumping up this thread, hopefully it will shake a few more old KKs out of the bushes. I have no new ones myself.
DanRIMG0958.JPG

Scored this one from a friend today. Simmons Hdwe Co, Germany. There is a line drawing Hornet on back tangs, and the Pearl is high grade. The curved scissors nestle nicely in the back of the knife, and all liners are coined, including in the EO notches! Ink on the blade as well. Nice, hefty knife!!

Simmons Pearl A.jpg Simmons Pearl B.jpg Simmons Pearl C.jpg Simmons Pearl D.jpg Simmons Pearl E.jpg

WOW, Charlie, you picked up a beauty there, superb knife! I always like to see new posts in this thread.
Dan

I was thinking of you when I posted it, Dan!! Hope you are well and happy!!:thumbsup:

Back