ebay seller shows what his khukuris did to his hand!

And that, ladies and germs, is what happens when you draw the blade carelessly. I have to say, it *does* look like a pretty decent khukeri and we know for sure it can cut...

Stephen

We should get permission to add that picture to our FAQ.

n2s

BTW, the handles are more likely bone than ivory. You can see the pourous structure even in the poor pictures. If you want to see what ivory should look like go stare into a mirror, turn on some bright lights, and smile. :)

n2s

I'm learning from you, N2.

From the postion of the cut, he's lucky he can move his thumb, which he wouldn't be able to do if he'd sliced the tendons.

munk

Originally posted by not2sharp
We should get permission to add that picture to our FAQ.

n2s

N2s

I will email the seller and ask. I will also suggest that he join the cantina.

Bill

He's lucky the original owner hadn't read Yvsa's sharpening stuff.....the thumb would have been stitched ON instead of stitched UP :eek:

Looks almost like the wound was from drawing the edge of the khuk thru the scabbard on a draw. He's Right handed, thats fer sure.

Keith
En Ferro Veritas.

yep the khukri chakma and karda handles are fangs,and handle is bone, nice hey, and yep he did lota damage tsk tsk. PS TIGER KILLED IN FAIR FIGHT DESPATCHED WITH KUK

you guys do realize i was joking about the tiger.dont want any conservationists on my trail. and yes its a great khukri :)

Welcome to the Cantina, Ghorka. Is that your khuk? Your thumb? :eek:

Pull up a chair & grab a Heineken!

yes its my khukri, and no its not my thumb, itsthe previous owners thumb OUUUUUUCH.:mad:

ghorka,

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, we have a few more pictures like that around this site, and we collectively consume a fair supply of bandaids.

Take a look around the site, you will find a wealth of information here.

n2s

There is a picture of a wound on the HI home site. Is that Sisco's?

munk

You guys should stop by the Balisong Forum some time. There's nothing like spinning a piece of razor sharp piece of steel and trying to catch it (some of those crazy nutter's do it blindfolded) to add to scars.....

Yeah, I've cut myself to the tendon on a finger using one of those while drunk in college. Never made the mistake again, and concindentally, only have that one balisong...

Now a khuk has a lotta mass on the balisong, and if dropped from say waist (or table height) has enough mass beind its razor edge to really damage any lower extremeties, like calves, ankles, feet, and such. I make people look at my khuks over a table as a precaution. Lot less injury if dropped from one foot than dropped onto a foot!

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Back