ebay seller shows what his khukuris did to his hand!

I guess I'll hafta sign up for the cooking classes...Do saints teach thru good works or emulations, Jim? Can one actually learn skills from Saint Clifton?

Be careful lad, he might teach ye, but be sure the payment will be in khuks, and pay you will!!:eek: ;)

Yep, Jim's just able to warp virtual space around his post.s You weren't the first to be confused, but relax in the Cantina and have another round on me!
Inkeep! Food and drink fer me and my men!

Welcome to the weirdness, Ghorka. Yvsa and others (I think) thot you might be Jim | Clifton in disguise, or perhaps it is because you posted in ALL CAPS, which is what Jim is known to do. Jim also rumbles about guano, dog tacos, and one legged women a lot. ALL CAPS postings on forums are the online equivalent of YELLING, so perhaps folks tho you were getttin' into it and wound up...

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Ghorka,

No offense of any kind was intended. Nor would anyone ever insult you or your family on these forums.

Here is the inside joke:

Tisimi is Native American for Jimmy and affectionally refers to our very own jim_l_clifton. Jim lives in South Florida and is rumored to house himself and his collection in a bat filled cave where he conducts arcane research on khukuries of all types. He ventures out (and onto the forums) late at night where he will go to any means to acquire additional khukuries. He has even gone so far as to asked a few of us to volunteer a few for "research". Beware of Tisimi, you never know when he might be stalking the night in search of khukuries, especially big ones.

Tisimi and his band of followers have also disavowed the existance of HIKV (Himalayan Imports Khukuri Virus), a strange illness communicated through the purchase of Himilayan Imports Khukuries which compels the buyer to buy additional khukuries.

As you can see there isn't a half serious wit in any of this. It is just part of the atmosphere here at the "cantina" (our nickname for this forum). :)

n2s

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.....

Yeah, every Cantina needs its dark corner, with small table w/butter lamp sputtering charnel smoke. Around it seated, the seedy bunch, the scarred ones, the tattooed murmurers and droolers, shoddily clad, whispering of forbidden lore...and infernal experimentation...That's Tsimi!

Keith
Mayor of Drool City
En Ferro Veritas

You haven't said "holy Toledo" is awhile. Must be a sign things are improving.

munk

Originally posted by Ferrous Wheel
Yeah, every Cantina needs its dark corner, with small table w/butter lamp sputtering charnel smoke. Around it seated, the seedy bunch, the scarred ones, the tattooed murmurers and droolers, shoddily clad, whispering of forbidden lore...and infernal experimentation...That's Tsimi!

Keith
Mayor of Drool City
En Ferro Veritas

And me!!!!:p

Way back when, I commented on some of the folks round the forum reminding me of the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie.

Next thing I know they're calling it the Star Wars Cantina, then just the Cantina.

It's since kept on going downhill even when they had to bring in excavating equipment. Kinda like an open pit mine.

munk,
I'm glad you asked that!Shows you are a refined gentleman instead of these uncuth cretians!! "I" am a Baptist ,Priest,Rabbi(not many of us around!When I told THAT NDN on the phone,he was so overcome with emotion he was so overwelhmed he couldn't catch his breath.As for the Church,why it's the "Fellowship of JLC & Kuk brotherhood!! Ahh! I see a new brother from Aussie Land has a M43 going his way,would you be interested in donating it to a great cause??:D:DBy the way, when Wal heard about my Sainthood,he choked on his coffee, when Blues heard,said something about having me arrested,something about being a con(whatever that means)!:grumpy:
jim

obviously 'con' means conversion to ....Sainthood.

munk
Oh, where is Ramble town? The Mayor is always the last to know.

...In Wales. With no head lamps. And its midnight. And dark. The pale eye of the waning moon somberly casting weak spots of light in a world made of shadow...

Uh, well, sorta like that.

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Ain't it interesting that the thread wanders just a wee bit into talk of coal mines and dark dank places and VOILA!! HE appears with a swish of tattered cape and the aroma of Bat Guano:barf::p:D
Ahh! I see a new brother from Aussie Land has a M43 going his way,would you be interested in donating it to a great cause?

Don't do it Ghorka!!:eek: You'll NEVER see that one again!;)

Rob,
my great mentor and bringer of the light, I thought we'd finally gotten Tsimi?! Maybe he has another evil twin besides me?
Help!

Rog,

There's something unholy in that cave BESIDES Tsimi!:eek: It heals him when he's weak or sick and sends him out stronger (smelling) than ever:barf: :D

We must lure him out, but then someone has to venture into the cave and get rid of whatever is recharging him---someone besides my of course;):D

Back