EDC (Every Day Carry) by Daniel Koster

Discussion in 'Koster Knives' started by Daniel Koster, Sep 9, 2010.

1. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Love it, the wait is the hard part but after having one for a while am not going to let it go once I get it. THANKS!

2. ras

ras

Jan 9, 2002
    The 5th slot from the left would look good in Ironwood and Leather. :)

3. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    ras - and indeed it shall !!!

:D

Dan
    KosterKnives

4. gottahaveit27

gottahaveit27

Aug 31, 2008
    Hey Dan,

I sent you an e-mail regarding the possibility of being added to the EDC list.
    Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Gary

5. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    I've got you on the list. I sent a bunch out for heat-treat - hooray!!!

Dan

6. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Hey Dan, did these get back from heat treat yet? Thanks

7. broe

broe

May 8, 2011
    pic fail....

8. arislan

arislan

Apr 26, 2011
    Dan, just received my 3v. Unfortunately the tip rolled. The way it was packaged plus the superb handling by local Australian post, i.e. chucked to the ground, had the knife slid its cardboard wrap and puncture the box hitting the ground.. Any chance of salvaging this?

Just a suggestion, it's better to package the knife with a cardboard sleeve on the blade resting against the handle rather than wrapping the entire knife in cardboard. With a cardboard sleeve against the handle, it will prevent the blade from slipping no matter how stupid the mailman is.. and yer blades are so sharp it will slice through any packaging..

Anyway, tis a brand new knife.. :( Any advice will be appreciated.

9. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Yes - I glued up a bunch 2 days ago. Once the handles are done, I can start on finishing the grinds and then yours will be ready to go. I know it seems backwards, but it's the way I work.

Old thread - I updated my website with more pics: www.kosterknives.com/knives/edc

Email sent. FYI - arislan's knife is a Bushcraft, not an EDC. ;)

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Dan

10. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    No worries Dan, mine is a skeleton without handles, I am going to finish it out like the woodlore. Sorry to be so needy, but I gave my dad the 3" one I had for Xmas and sure miss it. The 3V is a tough steel and really preforms well. Thanks again Martin

11. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    This was a long wait but got it today and it was worth it Dan. Thanks Martin

12. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Glad it arrived safe and to a happy home. :D Feel free to post pics once you get it done.

Dan

13. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Dan got the scales finished in Bruce Harners blue jean Mycarta now ready for work Thanks

14. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Lookin' good! :thumbup:

Dan

15. davicom

davicom

Jul 2, 2009
    hi Dan
    I have already wait one year and nine month your knife , you said : ''Completion date for these will be Feb 2011'' now we are in October 2012 and I do not need your knife, and I have not more intention to wait other time, so I ask you to refund me the money for the payment that I have sent to you.

thanks

Davicom

16. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    your knife is finished. I have a note here saying to hold it. Perhaps there was a miscommunication on my part? I sincerely apologize. Are you ok if I ship it today?

17. davicom

davicom

Jul 2, 2009
    Ok Dan,
    if you ship the knife today is ok for me, and I wait other 10 day to arrive me
    But no more .
    Thanks

Davicom

18. ras

ras

Jan 9, 2002
    Dan -- Any progress on the 3V EDC front? TIA

19. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Yes - last week I was able to get the blades stone-washed (tumbled). As soon as I'm done with these Bushcraft blanks, I'll be gluing up the EDCs that I have. I'll see if I can get a pic.
    :thumbup:

20. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    EDC orders have been glued-up. Should be done next week!
    :thumbup:
    Dan