EDC Fixed Blade Knives

JK Knives

Does anyone carry a small fixed blade knife for EDC? I find them handier than a folder. If you do post a picture.

The only reason I’m not carrying my Bluegill is because I have my EO1 EDC on me. Today is a Bluegill day at the office.

B02l1Ei.jpg

Living in Texas I can't carry a fixed blade often in the summer heat when wearing shorts but I do edc when the temp drops.
Here's a pic of a plain jane small fixed blade green micarta, 3" blade with about 2 3/4" sharpen edge, great little worker but plain with a rough spine, a swedge would have made it nicer.
With the sheath pictured I can carry front or rear jean pocket or in my jacket, when needed I slap on the belt sheath.

sorry for the inside shop pic and if I'm outline posting another brand please let me know I'll take it down

gm1.jpg

I like small fixed blades, but the folder still get most of the work. I want to see how horizontal carry will do for the fixed blade.

John is right. I made it at one of John’s knife making classes, which I really enjoyed and the knife has become a daily user.

This is the knife. It’s not much to look at but it handles all sorts of small tasks and takes a beating and is easily cleaned up and kept sharp thanks to Johns excellent heat treat.

I carry it in a small Kydex sheath horizontally for cross draw.

DqxBK7V.jpg

John is right. I made it at one of John’s knife making classes, which I really enjoyed and the knife has become a daily user.

This is the knife. It’s not much to look at but it handles all sorts of small tasks and takes a beating and is easily cleaned up and kept sharp thanks to Johns excellent heat treat.

DqxBK7V.jpg
Not much to look at? That may be the closest thing I have seen to a perfect knife!

DqxBK7V.jpg
I have an EO1 hunter on order for January but this is really making me think hard! I love this thread. Let's see more!

Back