EDC Fixed Blade Knives

I was carrying both my Bluegill and EO1 EDC yesterday.

C0gSCH2.jpg

John is right. I made it at one of John’s knife making classes, which I really enjoyed and the knife has become a daily user.

This is the knife. It’s not much to look at but it handles all sorts of small tasks and takes a beating and is easily cleaned up and kept sharp thanks to Johns excellent heat treat.

I carry it in a small Kydex sheath horizontally for cross draw.

DqxBK7V.jpg

This almost looks like one I got on the exchange. Not a true Kephart but a spear point. The bottom knife.

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

These are about the size I like to have in a pocket or if I can figure out a horizontal carry that works well. To me, the Bird and trout size is the perfect size for small tasks, as I do not hunt or fish!! I should rename the category as Stash and Go. Also have a lot of Childress small knives, that is when I was just discovering small fixed blades.

Last edited:
Bradford Guardian 3 is GOAT.

That with a small slippy and you're good to go

Last edited:
Bradford Guardian 3 is GOAT.

That with a small sloppy and you're good to go

GOAT? Looked it up, Greatest of all time? Or get your Goat? There must be a generational thing between hipsters and Generation X!! :D

Last edited:
Yessir. As far as production knives go IMO.

I have liked the looks of the Guardians, but wondered if the handles were too small, on the 3 mostly, I know they make them larger, like th 3.5 or 4.

It’s actually very close to my old Bushcrafter model.

View attachment 1460529
I may have pictures it smaller in my head than it really is. I was picturing a 3 inch blade, 4 inch handle (or slightly less). That's all I really ever have needed, and is why I was drawn to the EO1 hunter. I also struggle to find a good way to carry for EDC though

I may have pictures it smaller in my head than it really is. I was picturing a 3 inch blade, 4 inch handle (or slightly less). That's all I really ever have needed, and is why I was drawn to the EO1 hunter. I also struggle to find a good way to carry for EDC though
It’s about 8” overall with a 4” blade. I could do it with a 3” blade if you prefer that handle shape.

I don’t own an EO1 but the pics on JKs website looks great :thumbsup: so I’m sure it fits nice in hand

good to know JK, I'll refrain from asking for anything in g10 in it!

edit:
My favorite of all the woods I offer. I used to really like cocobolo until it sent me to the ER with an allergic reaction. I’m allergic to cocobolo, rosewood, and G10

and I keep meaning to ask, what is the knife pictured in your signature JK?

Last edited:
Back