EDC VI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Reate back today, and man, this thing is perfect! I'm almost affraid to use it.
q6Ri0R6.jpg

And here it is with the rest of my carry
O55vnYi.jpg

TGOXoDz.jpg

Josh at Razo Edge did an amazing job!

Wow, that looks great! I really like how the blade profile turned out. It's almost like a Shiro:thumbup:

Awesome pooch! I love scruffy looking dogs lol!

Carrying my new Moki Kronos stag today. These are great knives, really high quality/fit/finish! I wish my GEC's were this well put together.

21484340231_4f731738a0_b.jpg

HFinn - you could always take the thumbstud off and run a zip tie through it. Try it out that way and see if you like it. You can always cut steel later.

Blues - I think it came out fine. A little tweak here and there, some dye, wax, and polish and it'll be fine!

K.O.D. - I was going to suggest that Kizer. I love the look of that thing every time I see it.

craytab - what's the fixed blade? I dig it. :thumbup:

SadSappy - that is AWESOME! Damn that looks good. I'm jealous! :D

The rest of you fellas - nice knives!

Blues and Ant, thanks for the kind words. I have been fondling this thing non stop since I got it(and don't foresee stopping anytime soon).

That's a steal for a knife like that! $56?! I like it, and I'll be on the lookout in case he makes another batch.

Snuck out of work early today for my birthday. Grabbed a lb of brisket from John Mueller meat Co., stopped for a few beers at hops and grain, and now these two are coming out of my pocket for a nap. Hell of a day so far.

C1Rhnz6.jpg

I'm carrying my Spartan Phrike again today. I made a leather sheath for it last night. It was my first try at making anything out of leather, so I made some mistakes with the stitching, and it could have been executed a lot better. Overall, it's functional, better than Kydex (IMO), and not bad for my first try. I will try again this weekend:)

27F003A9-2839-438B-A946-DE8706548A6E_zpsyi6kkbnw.jpg

Darn good start, if you ask me! I've wanted to figure this skill out myself, as I'm also a hater of kydex, and it seems that many sheaths don't facilitate carry like I would want them to. I also would want to make a bunch of soft leather slip cases for my traditionals like the CRK slip cases. Can't believe I haven't been able to find someone selling those yet.

Darn good start, if you ask me! I've wanted to figure this skill out myself, as I'm also a hater of kydex, and it seems that many sheaths don't facilitate carry like I would want them to. I also would want to make a bunch of soft leather slip cases for my traditionals like the CRK slip cases. Can't believe I haven't been able to find someone selling those yet.

Thanks Brother!

The website "the art of manliness" has a good starting tutorial. Just google "making a leather knife sheath". The only details that tutorial spares is adding a welt, stitching technique, and using vegetable tanned leather (tooling leather).

It really was not that hard, it just took time and a lot of patience. I'm confident that you can do it yourself too!:) PM me if you're interested in trying it out and I'll send you the links of the things that helped me out:thumbup:

I'm carrying my Spartan Phrike again today. I made a leather sheath for it last night. It was my first try at making anything out of leather, so I made some mistakes with the stitching, and it could have been executed a lot better. Overall, it's functional, better than Kydex (IMO), and not bad for my first try. I will try again this weekend:)

This takes me back to summer bible camp where we had to perform all sorts of faux Native-American arts and crafts. A good knife in a suitable sheath. Nicely done sir.

HFinn - you could always take the thumbstud off and run a zip tie through it. Try it out that way and see if you like it. You can always cut steel later.

Blues - I think it came out fine. A little tweak here and there, some dye, wax, and polish and it'll be fine!

K.O.D. - I was going to suggest that Kizer. I love the look of that thing every time I see it.

craytab - what's the fixed blade? I dig it. :thumbup:

SadSappy - that is AWESOME! Damn that looks good. I'm jealous! :D

The rest of you fellas - nice knives!

I carried the Beast as was suggested this morning but then switched to the Kizer for the afternoon. It just flips so smooth and is so unique looking.

I've owned a lot of flippers, and this is the smoothest. Its not a rocket, but it just glides out. It wasn't that way new, but a few days of flipping and it smoothed out. Its by far my favorite of the numerous flippers I've owned:

Spyderco Southard
Brous Bionic
ZT's 0561, 0801, 0770 CF, 0350TS
Brian Tighe mini Tighe Rod
Benchmade 300 (handled several, never owned)
Brous T4
Dendra Defender
Kershaw leek, scallion, skyline
Just to name a few.

Looks a lot better than the first thing I tried making out of leather. Good work.

Acid/stonewashed lionsteel and a kershaw knockout. Both picked up from the exchange (the acid/stone washing was done by me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back